Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I currently using Nissan 1.0 and i find it a little uncomfortable because i am 6ft 8ins tall so i am wondering which car would be best for me to go for? bear in your mind i am a new driver so i just want to start something basic nothing like 4x4..

ReputationRep:
    Micra must be a nightmare for someone of your height!!

What sort of budget are you on? I drive a Vauxhall Astra G (http://rpmedia.ask.com/ts?u=/wikiped...t_20081128.jpg) which you would find spacious enough I am sure. 1.4 16v engine is not too bad (although it could do with a 6th gear for motorway driving), and its generally a good all rounder.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, we need more info about your next car. Budget? Preferences?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is a nightmare! no one can sit behind me because i use up all the space.. Excellent point - ermm my budget would be £4000 and i am into any car at the moment just because i am a new driver, so once i gain experience on the road in a year or 2 then i can go somewhere more fancy if you know what i m on about ..

ReputationRep:
    £4000 including or excluding insurance? (sadly it's a serious question )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFatController)
    Micra must be a nightmare for someone of your height!!

What sort of budget are you on? I drive a Vauxhall Astra G (http://rpmedia.ask.com/ts?u=/wikiped...t_20081128.jpg) which you would find spacious enough I am sure. 1.4 16v engine is not too bad (although it could do with a 6th gear for motorway driving), and its generally a good all rounder.
    That's an Opel mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    That's an Opel mate.
    Vauxhalls are being made for Britain, Opels for the rest of the world. Everything's got to be different in the UK. Haven't you figured it out yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJay91)
    Vauxhalls are being made for Britain, Opels for the rest of the world. Everything's got to be different in the UK. Haven't you figured it out yet?
    Yes, but it's an opel, not a vauxhall. I'm sorry man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFatController)
    £4000 including or excluding insurance? (sadly it's a serious question )
    excluding insurance.. As i do have money on side for all this cost..

ReputationRep:
    MX-5? Infinite headroom
    And it's a cracking little car

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamZ)
    excluding insurance.. As i do have money on side for all this cost..
    A high roof Citroen Berlingo or a Renault Kangoo comes to mind.

Alternatively look for a Toyota Yaris Verso.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    Yes, but it's an opel, not a vauxhall. I'm sorry man.
    Yeah I was hoping no one would pick me up on the fact I showed an LHD Opel! I meant the RHD Vauxhall version obviously - it's just it was a decent hi res pic.

It's the same car, just for the domestic market, and RHD.

ReputationRep:
    Ah man. I'm 6'2" with a Micra, it's not painful, but I have to put the seat all the way back.

I'm looking to get an Almera or a Fiesta Mk VI for my next car.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ocelotrevs)
    Ah man. I'm 6'2" with a Micra, it's not painful, but I have to put the seat all the way back.

I'm looking to get an Almera or a Fiesta Mk VI for my next car.
    Do you think Toyota Auris is any good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamZ)

Depends on which version..... the 6 speed manual versions have rubbish gear ratios and you'd always be needing to hunt for gears.

Had a rental in Italy some months back with one, overall it's a fairly good car, but I won't buy one myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamZ)
    I don't know much about them, nor have I driven them.

ReputationRep:
    Bear in mind that insurance may be cheaper on bigger cars because impulsive teens* are less likely to buy one and crash it.

*me included

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 27, 2011
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.