Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey you fellow Year 11's

Have any of you started revision yet/when you gonna start?

Any of you created a revision timetable, I was thinking of doing one for easter but dunno how to structure it and how much to revise a day?

If you could it would be great to share what your GCSE revision schedule look likes

Thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    Also, does anyone have any coursework left

ReputationRep:
    I've done mine but i haven't actually started yet as i have lots of coursework to do. I would say don't do more than 3hours a day and do short bursts of 30minutes and then have a break. I know its what the teachers say but it really does work. Revising like that helped me get A in maths and A* in chemistry don't revise really late either, finish at 8-9.30ish then watch tv or have a bath and always have an early night, don't overload yourself!! Good luck hope you get the grades you want xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by candy_floss94)
    I've done mine but i haven't actually started yet as i have lots of coursework to do. I would say don't do more than 3hours a day and do short bursts of 30minutes and then have a break. I know its what the teachers say but it really does work. Revising like that helped me get A in maths and A* in chemistry don't revise really late either, finish at 8-9.30ish then watch tv or have a bath and always have an early night, don't overload yourself!! Good luck hope you get the grades you want xx
    Thanks

You doing your GCSEs this year or done them?

ReputationRep:
    I've done half of mine already now got the other half to go -.-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by candy_floss94)
    I've done half of mine already now got the other half to go -.-
    Nice, Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    You too

ReputationRep:
    Thanks -D

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else wanna share there timetable ? =D

ReputationRep:
    I really need to start, but every time I think about I realise how much art coursework I need to do, so don't do any of them, it's very annoying.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing some GCSEs this year...
    I've started revising... aiming to do about 3 hours on a weekday, and 6 on a weekend. It's quite difficult to start but you just have to get to it. Do about 2 subjects a day and only a few pages or topics from each... don't do too much... You should deffo. start by Easter, but the earlier the better!

ReputationRep:
    How much you gonna do during Easter?
    (Original post by S.B_123)
    I'm doing some GCSEs this year...
    I've started revising... aiming to do about 3 hours on a weekday, and 6 on a weekend. It's quite difficult to start but you just have to get to it. Do about 2 subjects a day and only a few pages or topics from each... don't do too much... You should deffo. start by Easter, but the earlier the better!

(Original post by Implo)
    I really need to start, but every time I think about I realise how much art coursework I need to do, so don't do any of them, it's very annoying.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't know it already, this site will make a timetable for you once you've put in your subjects/exam dates/subject priorities etc. It's quick, and also stops you spending forever and a day making a timetable you probably won't stick to (not that you will definitely stick to that one, but it's made with lots of nice colours and stuff which helps...). :fluffy:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manutd27)
    I REALLY want to finish all coursework by Easter and start hardcore revision, sadly I know I won't :s But hopefully I'll sum up some motivation

ReputationRep:
    Bloody Coursework. It is what's stopping me from revising. Already made my timetable though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rofflewaffle)
    If you don't know it already, this site will make a timetable for you once you've put in your subjects/exam dates/subject priorities etc. It's quick, and also stops you spending forever and a day making a timetable you probably won't stick to (not that you will definitely stick to that one, but it's made with lots of nice colours and stuff which helps...). :fluffy:.
    Where can I do that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manutd27)
    Im planning on finishing all my notes before easter... then in easter i hope to go over eveything I've learnt and studied, reinforce the knowledge and keep doing past papers and practice practice practice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.B_123)
    Im planning on finishing all my notes before easter... then in easter i hope to go over eveything I've learnt and studied, reinforce the knowledge and keep doing past papers and practice practice practice!
    Hasnt your easter started, mine started today =D

Are you gonna do the all the past papers in easter or some after

ReputationRep:
    www.getrevising.co.uk has a really good timetable maker thing! you put in all your commitments, and it does the work for you! thats what i used. Im going to start revising from monday!

ReputationRep:
    structured revision never really worked for me...

I just revise when I'm bored

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.