Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was just interested to see how many people are doing the course?
    And whether you Have Unconditional offers, or conditional offers?

ReputationRep:
    Hi there! I have an unconditional at Huddersfield to study Illustration, which I'll probably be firming.

ReputationRep:
    Grats! :]
    I got an unconditional offer too, but I firmed it today, so hopefully I'll be seeing you!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! I'm currently in the process of trying to get my course switched from Fashion, Communication &Promotion BA to Illustration... I now have an interview for the Illustration course NEXT WEDNESDAY Eeeek!!! I already have a portfolio that I used for my interview for the FCP course, but I need to bulk it out a little with more illustration, etc. Any tips for my portfolio (what to include, how many pieces, etc)? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunshinerae)
    Hi guys! I'm currently in the process of trying to get my course switched from Fashion, Communication &Promotion BA to Illustration... I now have an interview for the Illustration course NEXT WEDNESDAY Eeeek!!! I already have a portfolio that I used for my interview for the FCP course, but I need to bulk it out a little with more illustration, etc. Any tips for my portfolio (what to include, how many pieces, etc)? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
    Just pick your best work, show example of your processes, how you develop ideas (usually sketchbook/journal work) and some nicely mounted final pieces don't hurt.

When I had my interview we didn't go over every piece of work. My interviewer looked at my portfolio while I wandered around (pub) and when I came back we spent more time talking about illustration, who inspires me and why, what the course offers and what previous students have done after Uni, where I see myself in 5 years etc. I was asked to pick my favourite piece and explain, so pick one before hand and have something prepared.

Your portfolio needs to be up to scratch and show you know your way around a pencil (mine had very little digital work) but I would say that for Huddersfield it helps that you know more about the profession and what you want to say about illustration.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks kalmar! Ooh, I've not had an interview like that before (where you leave the portfolio with them and come back to talk later)- quite nerve-wracking really as I'm well practiced at talking through it!
    I'm similar - I have almost no digital work- I much prefer working in pencil/watercolour, etc ('traditional' media). The other stuff should be fairly simple to talk about, though. I know where I want to be, what I want to gain from the course and stuff... Just fingers crossed that they accept me, then I suppose!
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunshinerae)
    Thanks kalmar! Ooh, I've not had an interview like that before (where you leave the portfolio with them and come back to talk later)- quite nerve-wracking really as I'm well practiced at talking through it!
    I'm similar - I have almost no digital work- I much prefer working in pencil/watercolour, etc ('traditional' media). The other stuff should be fairly simple to talk about, though. I know where I want to be, what I want to gain from the course and stuff... Just fingers crossed that they accept me, then I suppose!
    xx

No problem. Good luck with your interview.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.