Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    "No sexy-time for you, I've got the painters in" should convey it fairly well :top:
    haha ive never heard that one before

but yh 'I'm on my period' should give the message loud and clear, there no point in being ambiguous about it cos then he might think u don't want to

(Original post by screenager2004)
    You aren't ready to have sex.
    If you don't "feel sexy" just because you're on your period, wait until you're covered in sweat, spit, vaginal juice and ***.

if you can't tell a guy you're on your period without feeling embarassed, there's no way you are emotionally mature enough for sex. You're not even on the pill. Come on.
    What the hell are you on about? I'm not a virgin...
    Thank you for your opinion, but I hardly think you know me well enough by one post to be able to tell me "I'm not ready for sex". I'm not an idiot, I absolutely love the filth that comes with sex, but I don't need you judging me just because I don't feel sexy when I'm on period. I'm sure many girls feel the same. You might be different but I don't like the idea of bleeding everywhere, having sore boobs, stomach cramps, and being in intense pain during sex...doesn't really do it for me.
    As for the pill thing, you really must be quite stupid if you think that not being on the pill makes you emotionally immature. I'm very sensible with contraception and not going on the pill is a personal decision of mine due to certain side effects. Again, my opinion that is none of your business.

Who the hell do you think you are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What the hell are you on about? I'm not a virgin...
    Thank you for your opinion, but I hardly think you know me well enough by one post to be able to tell me "I'm not ready for sex". I'm not an idiot, I absolutely love the filth that comes with sex, but I don't need you judging me just because I don't feel sexy when I'm on period. I'm sure many girls feel the same. You might be different but I don't like the idea of bleeding everywhere, having sore boobs, stomach cramps, and being in intense pain during sex...doesn't really do it for me.
    As for the pill thing, you really must be quite stupid if you think that not being on the pill makes you emotionally immature. I'm very sensible with contraception and not going on the pill is a personal decision of mine due to certain side effects. Again, my opinion that is none of your business.

Who the hell do you think you are?
    Hey try saying that when you aren't hiding behind anon yeah?
    Try learning to read too: haven't said you're a virgin anywhere.

I just think it's pretty sad that you will have sex with someone but daren't tell him you're on your period: hence why every single response on this thread has been 'just tell him'

Hey try saying that when you aren't hiding behind anon yeah?
    Try learning to read too: haven't said you're a virgin anywhere.

I just think it's pretty sad that you will have sex with someone but daren't tell him you're on your period: hence why every single response on this thread has been 'just tell him'
    I'm anon because this thread is embarrassing, I would happily tell you what an idiot you are to your face.
    You certainly suggested I was a virgin by saying "wait till you're covered in sweat, spit, *** etc". As though I've never experienced such shocking things before. Seriously, grow up.

I made this thread because I wanted funny, laid back ways of telling someone I was on my period without saying the words themselves. I've done it plenty of times in the past with long term boyfriends, but the stage I'm at with this guy is so early on that I'd rather not be so blunt. I'm not scared of telling, nor that I'll scare him off...I simply wanted some ideas because personally I'd avoid the situation if I could.

I shouldn't even have to explain myself to you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm anon because this thread is embarrassing
    You got that right.

I would happily tell you what an idiot you are to your face.
    Come off anon and do it then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emeleh)
    'It's that time of the month'?
    But then he might say:

'Honey, if the river is red, take the dirt track.'

:dontknow:

You got that right.

You're a little bit thick aren't you? That would be rather stupid considering I made this thread anon with the intention of not showing people who I was...that's what anon is for. Therefore coming of anon would reveal my identity...geddit? Just because I've had a pathetic argument with some loser isn't incentive enough for me to "come off anon".
    If you were here in person on the other hand, I would have no problem in not holding back. I don't see the need to tell the entire population of TSR that I will be on my period on Monday just to please you.

ReputationRep:
    Take it up the butt or simply tell him you're on your period, it's not that hard.

ReputationRep:
    just tell him straight up. Its natural!!! No need to over-think!

ReputationRep:
    Just tell him.

Simples.

ReputationRep:

I just need some way of telling him by text that I can't have sex with him, without outright saying it if ya get me. I'm close to him, but it's going to be our first time so I really don't want to just blurt out that I'm on my period so early on.
    Oh come on! If you're too embarrassed to tell him straight 'I have my period', I don't' think you're mature enough to be in any sort of relationship.
    There's nothing to be embarrassed about. It's a natural thing.
    If he makes a stupid comment about it, then he's an idiot and not mature enough either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MairiTheMack)
    Having sex on periods is disgusting. :/
    What a child :rolleyes:

My g/f loves it on her period. She says she feels more horny, maybe due to the hormone changes, but also, a good hard session takes her mind off the stomach aches and any cramps, and eases them for many hours after.

However, it's not exactly the most romantic thing for a 'first time', so rescheduling is probably best. Similarly, back door action and BJ's won't make for a story to tell yout grandkids either.

ReputationRep:
    My vagina is red. Communism is spreading from my crotch

ReputationRep:
    If he's a slayer fan, tell him "it's raining bloooddddddd".

On a more serious note, just tell him, I'm sure he'll understand.

ReputationRep:
    a) "My tummy hurts"

b) "I think I might have eaten some beetroot?"

or

c) "I really want this to be right for both of us, so I'd rather not have sex with you during my period"

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, sure we can have sex

lol jk I'm on the blob.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamondsky99)
    How about something along the lines of: I'm really looking forward to Monday, but frustratingly it might not be as much fun as we'd hoped It's just that it's not a great time for me right now (if you know what I mean...) If he replies going 'err what?' Simply reply: 'women's problems!'
    THIS THIS THIS. Excellent way of putting it! :gthumb:

ReputationRep:
    Men do know that women menstruate. Just tell him.

There are many girls on their period today.

ReputationRep:

Alright fine, you're an idiot. Happy now?

:ninja:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.