Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Some do. Some don't.

Majority of those who don't in their younger days, change their mind later.

Not particularly weird as long as the person you're with also doesn't.

ReputationRep:
    I should restate my case. I'm not totally against it, I want to be with a woman, and when I met the right person before, I do get more positive feelings and feel I'd like a relationship. But, I don't like contraception, it just seems unnatural, and I have a tough time thinking will I get to the point of stability, financial and otherwise, to provide for them. I just read it's 9grand a yearsfor one kid.

ReputationRep:
    I would hate to have kids and all my friends always moan at me for not wanting them and all me strange i'm like why should it concern you?

I think my friends are stange for wanting kids I'm like your 16 or 17 get over it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chillaxer)
    No, don't want it. I only like natural contraception, don't know whjy , I'm not catholic or anything but it's just the way I feel.
    What the hell is "natural contraception"? The rhythm method? Is that what you've been using all these years?

ReputationRep:
    Not wanting kids IS weird because you're on this earth to survive and replicate. Now if you don't want kids, that's you, but there is no getting away from the fact it is weird in the grand scheme of things.

ReputationRep:
    But, I don't like contraception, it just seems unnatural, and I have a tough time thinking will I get to the point of stability, financial and otherwise, to provide for them.
    Contraception is by definition unnatural. but then so are ceasrean sections, epidurals, gas and air, and all manner of things relating to pregnancy and childbirth- the consequence of no contraception. Fact of modern life unless you want about 15 kids, or are a monk.

Sensible on the thoughts on the financial cost of children though.

ReputationRep:
    I desire women, and would like sex, but I don't want any kids
    It's pretty natural not to want kids in that way yo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Dynamic Uno)
    Not wanting kids IS weird because you're on this earth to survive and replicate. Now if you don't want kids, that's you, but there is no getting away from the fact it is weird in the grand scheme of things.
    Whats sad is that I feel I shouldn't be in my mindset, and the kid's just going to inherit some ****ed-upness. I do actually half want a kid.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.