Turn on thread page Beta

Really irregular..... is it normal??? watch

My periods started quite late on down the line, at 15/16 years old, and have only on one or two occasions had regular periods where they've been every 28-30 days apart....

Is it normal for them to be up to 3-4 months apart??

I suppose it'd help to know i'm of quite slim build, with a maximum weight of about 8st, and I'm 5'4''. I don't know what could be causing it, it's most definitely not pregnancy but i wonder if it could be stress, possibly being underweight because my weight has flucuated below the 8st mark just recently or just part of my natural course...

I doesn't bother me so much as i get annoyed by the waiting and never knowing as and when i'm due....

Someone please help and give me some advice...

ReputationRep:
    My natural weight is around 7 stone and I can go 6+ months without a period. Usually, going on contraceptives such as the combined pill allows you to have your period every month. Not so good if your body hates hormonal contraception... :/ So, go to the doctor and talk about it, no doubt they will offer you the Pill. As for it being normal, I know plenty with the same problem.

thanks.....

I was scared it might be something else, but i do know stress and obviously weight can play a role in it but just wondered if anyone knew anything more.

cheers again...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My periods started quite late on down the line, at 15/16 years old, and have only on one or two occasions had regular periods where they've been every 28-30 days apart....

Is it normal for them to be up to 3-4 months apart??

I suppose it'd help to know i'm of quite slim build, with a maximum weight of about 8st, and I'm 5'4''. I don't know what could be causing it, it's most definitely not pregnancy but i wonder if it could be stress, possibly being underweight because my weight has flucuated below the 8st mark just recently or just part of my natural course...

I doesn't bother me so much as i get annoyed by the waiting and never knowing as and when i'm due....

Someone please help and give me some advice...
    How old are you now? Because it can take a couple of years for your perieds to sort them selves out into a regular pattern. It could also be becasue of your weight.

I would recommend you go to the doctor to find out exactly what the problem is.
    x

I'm 18, 19 in a few months time..... suppose you might be right about it just taking time to get itself sorted...

I just hate the waiting, and never knowing if it is or isn't gonna happen cos I've never had any signs or symptoms it's gonna happen like i know some people do...

Thanks though..

ReputationRep:
    My periods didn't become regular(ish) for 5 years or so until I started so that was only 2 years ago. When they first started, I didn't have another one for 7 months I think. After a while...a long while, my body sorted itself out. Mostly. These things take time. Although I wish my science book when I was younger didn't keep mentioning about periods being 28 days - it made me feel really abnormal. Don't panic but you could also talk to a nurse at a GP.

Though you may not want to go this route, which is understandable, but I found the pill was great for regulating cycles and controlling when they'd arrive or not.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 2, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.