Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well, you did say you didn't want anything, is your boyfriend a mind reader, OP?
    If you've only been going out for a few months, then regardless of how rich he is, I don't think presents are essential. He might not think they're essential yet!

He spent the day with you on your birthday (I assume from your post) so obviously he thinks you're worth his time, so maybe you should stop letting how many presents you get or don't get determine how much you think he likes you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrejispanickin)
    DONT LISTEN! IT''S A LIE!

Cos like I asked my ex-girlfriend if she wanted to have a gangbang and she said no... and I was all like... Well...

Needless to say the relationship didn't last long after that.
    Again, my point refers to some ambiguity, not the obvious, blunt answer you would expect to get from the idiotic question, "do you want a gangbang?" :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I've got a gift for you in my pants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j.emilylala)
    Again, my point refers to some ambiguity, not the obvious, blunt answer you would expect to get from the idiotic question, "do you want a gangbang?" :confused:
    It was a joke =P

ReputationRep:
    When someone says they don't want anything, people generally take that as "I don't want anything". He probably just figured you were being honest and didn't want to waste money getting you something when you didn't want anything.

Humans aren't mind readers. If you say something completely different to what you mean you can't expect them to uphold to the idea you have in your head rather than what you actually told them to do.

ReputationRep:
    It was a joke =P
    ohh, ok. lol. just in relation to my point, or did that actually happen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j.emilylala)
    ohh, ok. lol. just in relation to my point, or did that actually happen?
    Just in relation to your point =P I thought it was too good an oppurtunity to miss

Definitely did NOT happen

ReputationRep:
    Just in relation to your point =P I thought it was too good an oppurtunity to miss

Definitely did NOT happen
    Then i apologize

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Been seeing each other for few months. My first birthday with him and he didn't get me anything. Not even a card...nothing...and he is loaded. Jokingly asked him where is my present and said he didn't know what to get me and plus I said i didn't want anything.

Got me a gift for valentines day but I think that was because he wasn't intending to see me until i told him to see me.

So why not? I know it's not all about gifts but it makes me feel worthless.
    Why are you getting upset if you told him you didn't want anything?

ReputationRep:
    You just sound like a selfish gold digger what makes you think he has to get you a gift?
    You don't deserve any gift you are clearly with him simply cause his loaded as you so clearly stated capiche.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.