Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kmansick)
    okay im predicted AAAA in maths physics economics and business studies.

my gcse grades wernt amazing at all
    A* 3As 5Bs

i dont think its my grades.....cos the course requires AAB and im predicted AAAA
    In honesty, your GCSE grades are not really up to the mark with regards to LSE, secondly taking both Economics and Business studies is not wise ....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minerva)
    LSE does place a lot of emphasis on GCSE grades - I suspect yours meant they looked at your PS particularly carefully and decided it didn't meet their criteria

Exactly what I was gonna reply with :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tateco)
    They often expect higher grades than what they state though, what were your AS' like?
    my AS wer AAB ( maths business economics physis)

and the reason why my gcses wer low was cos i just finishd a year in this country at the time i did my gcse exams........wen i 1st came i dint even knw wt gcses were.......but i guess i cant use that as an excuse

ReputationRep:
    Removed - cousin took advantage of me getting him a drink.

ReputationRep:
    my AS wer AAB ( maths business economics physis)

and the reason why my gcses wer low was cos i just finishd a year in this country at the time i did my gcse exams........wen i 1st came i dint even knw wt gcses were.......but i guess i cant use that as an excuse
    No, I'm afraid you can't.

Seriously, just move on.

ReputationRep:
    haha I cried when LSE rejected me now i'm in Nottingham having the time of my life You'll get over it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minerva)
    LSE does place a lot of emphasis on GCSE grades - I suspect yours meant they looked at your PS particularly carefully and decided it didn't meet their criteria as closely as other PSs they looked at.

I know it's disappointing, but the best thing to do is to chalk this up to experience and move on. For Accounting and Finance there are better options anyway, as you have stated yourself. By taking the line 'it's LSE or nothing' (AFAIK they don't accept transfers, by the way, so reapplying would be your only option - and a high risk one at that) you are missing out on real opportunities there for the taking. Lancaster's Business School has an international ranking to rival LSE's, as it happens. The Durham course, IIRC, is based on the Stockton campus so you may want to check that out.
    seriously they dont do transfer?? and yes i have gone to durham.......stephenson college....it was great......

ReputationRep:
    seriously they dont do transfer?? and yes i have gone to durham.......stephenson college....it was great......
    Well, there you go! :p:

They don't do transfers or enter things like Clearing and Adjustment; LSE think a lot of themselves.

ReputationRep:
    whats wrong in having a piece of lucrative pie lol
    But they don't want to hear about how you're only in it for the money, they want to hear that you want to pursue the degree because you have an interest and passion for the subject. Also I echo what everybody else is saying, your GCSEs are low for LSE which are GCSE Nazis apparently!

I sounds like you really like Durham though and I agree, it's a stunning university and it looks like a lovely place to study!

ReputationRep:
    whats wrong in having a piece of lucrative pie lol......and i have no experience whatsoever.cos in my family ur either a doctor or a dentist.....evry1 in medical field......plus no1 helped me and i got offer from durham! ( ranked above lse in the complete uni guide ) and lancaster for accounting finance and maths.........im waiting for edinbro and newcastle......im still gna try my best to transfer to lse.......i mean i wouldnt mind takin a gap year and reapplying to lse.....but il continue thanks
    No offence, but if you ever want a chance of getting into LSE, you could start by using full words and proper sentences regularly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jing_jing)
    But they don't want to hear about how you're only in it for the money, they want to hear that you want to pursue the degree because you have an interest and passion for the subject. Also I echo what everybody else is saying, your GCSEs are low for LSE which are GCSE Nazis apparently!

I sounds like you really like Durham though and I agree, it's a stunning university and it looks like a lovely place to study!
    lol yeah that was my 1st open day i went to! haha and thanks.......

ReputationRep:
    okay im predicted AAAA in maths physics economics and business studies.

my gcse grades wernt amazing at all
    A* 3As 5Bs

i dont think its my grades.....cos the course requires AAB and im predicted AAAA
    Firstly you're doing Economics and Business Studies. On the LSE website they explicitly state that they don't want Business Studies as an A-Level and they really don't like it when people do it in conjunction with Economics. Also, your GCSE's are nothing special and LSE are known for being GCSE Nazis. The standard offer may only be AAB but the majority of applicants will have stellar grades - the standard offer doesn't accurately reflect the competition you're up against. And it doesn't help that LSE's A&F course is the most competitive course to get onto (apart from the Economics course).

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm.

ReputationRep:
    To echo previous posters, I think your GCSE grades, AS grades, and subject choice (i.e. Business Studies) could have been what let you down, but to be honest university admissions is a bit of a lottery. It's quite hard for an admissions tutor to select which students to make offers to when they're all so similar.

(Original post by TheSownRose)
    Sucks to be you, I got an offer from them and didn't even want it.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Seriously isn't the end-all of things. LSE isn't amazing for accounting and finance, and you have at least two other great opportunities. It hurts now because it's fresh, but it'll go.
    The non-spoiler part of your post comes across as incredibly patronising and degrading... why would you post such a horrible thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by innerhollow)
    The non-spoiler part of your post comes across as incredibly patronising and degrading... why would you post such a horrible thing?
    I wouldn't... I am, however, going to make my cousin stand in the corner for the rest of the evening.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.