Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Conservatives storm into the lead following budget watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...coalition-poll
    Huge tory lead, further emphasising Labour's failures. Should labour disband now?
    Poll also suggests there is swathes of support for more severe cuts. Is the coalition going far enough?

Enjoy Teveth

ReputationRep:
    1% is a "huge tory lead"?

ReputationRep:
    You didn't even read your own link, did you.

ReputationRep:
    Labour will never disband.

Labour is the party for poor people who think that everyone else lives to trample on them.
    Labour is for the naive.

QED, Labour voters will never disappear, much as we'd like them to.

Also, I'm not quite sure which "huge Tory lead" you're referring to.
    60% of the population will NEVER accept that cuts are necessary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacketpotato)
    In the context of their position, yes - a government who has introduced what would be severely unpopular and fatal policies (cuts, tuition fees, and so on).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fibrebiz)

Labour is the party for poor people who think that everyone else lives to trample on them.
    Labour is for the naive.

Labour won 3 elections on the trot - lab / con are both parties competing for middle class, middle income votes these days.

it's as funny as **** reading the young fogies on TSR talking like it's still the 1930's then turning around and saying Labour needs to get with the times.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the same, but can only presume that the OP is in the habit of resorting to intellectually disingenuous hyperbole and gross misrepresentation of statistics given his signature image (EDIT: Which was the No2AV "He needs a bullet proof vest, not £250 million on a new electoral system" nonsense)

As for the central theme of the topic, I view polls as irrelevant until we're closer to the General Election. I don't say that in a begrudging manner as I'm not neutral when it comes to party alignment.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Within the margin of error. God I find politics on TSR painful. The OP is a tory Tevith.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Within the margin of error. God I find politics on TSR painful. The OP is a tory Tevith.
    The thread is a teveth piss-take. Why doesn't anyone get sarcasm these days?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by usainlightning)
    The thread is a teveth piss-take. Why doesn't anyone get sarcasm these days?
    Should have posted for Tevith. lol

ReputationRep:
    I love cuts go torys!!!

I wish they would man up on tuition fees though £9000 should be £90000 IMO!!

I don't see why I am getting negged for saying I despise those with less money than me??

ReputationRep:
    Oh labour should definitely disband because the Tories have a 1% lead, yes. I mean there's no hope for them now, what with such a massive lead, a whole percent, wowza.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joinedup)
    Labour won 3 elections on the trot - lab / con are both parties competing for middle class, middle income votes these days.
    ...because the lower classes are labour votes in the bag and always will be.

ReputationRep:
    ...because the lower classes are labour votes in the bag and always will be.
    Actually 31% of those in the lowest social classes (D&E) voted tory in the last election, whereas labour got 33%. This idea that all tories are toffs is nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    But let's be honest, labour did absolutely everything wrong that election: There was no way they could survive after being blamed for the recession.

ReputationRep:
    Let's see what the opinion polls look like if the Coalition fails to generate the growth it's banking on in this budget.

ReputationRep:

Labour is for the naive.

Also, I'm not quite sure which "huge Tory lead" you're referring to.
    60% of the population will NEVER accept that cuts are necessary
    Labour is not for the poor you ****ing tweed.
    Get that ignorance out of your trousers.

ReputationRep:
    But let's be honest, labour did absolutely everything wrong that election: There was no way they could survive after being blamed for the recession.
    Yeah, having a man with less charisma than a spade is never going to win any party an election.

What do you mean being blamed for the recession? While they didn't neccesarily cause the recession, the banks did, their overzelous spending caused the country to be in debt, and a good proportion of the country relying on benefits.

ReputationRep:
    That was my impression from the fractions of the big three debates

I know that Labour didn't actually cause the recession - I live on the BBC news website!

However, until the next election when I will be able to vote, who cares about my opinions of staggering general ignorance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dannymccs)
    Let's see what the opinion polls look like if the Coalition fails to generate the growth it's banking on in this budget.
    Ahh yes Labour, so desperate to get into power they want to see the country hurt badly.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.