Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I just finished my history ia (yay) but i've been a bit worried about my sources. the minimum suggested amount of sources to use it 4, but i've used only 2. but 1 of them is a book made up of essays by different historians on the topic and ive used 2 essays.

does it look bad that ive only used 2 books?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Novis)
    Hello,

I just finished my history ia (yay) but i've been a bit worried about my sources. the minimum suggested amount of sources to use it 4, but i've used only 2. but 1 of them is a book made up of essays by different historians on the topic and ive used 2 essays.

does it look bad that ive only used 2 books?
    kind of :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olga123)
    kind of :rolleyes:
    ha yeah i had my doubts, well as long as i don't fail the IA im happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Novis)
    ha yeah i had my doubts, well as long as i don't fail the IA im happy

no you won't fail as long as you fill the other criteria

ReputationRep:
    Hello, so I have some questions about using sources too.

It seems to me that we're supposed to look at archival materials, as it seems like a good idea to look at, for example, mein kampf, but I can't find any reliable ways to get information on my topic, is it ok to get primary sources that historians have quoted in a book? Even though the historian who wrote the book might have translated/edited/shortened the primary source.

Otherwise I don't really know how to find primary sources; I mean, I can hardly cite wikipedia, that won't look good

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.