Turn on thread page Beta

Help... watch

Announcements

Gonna have to make this generalised incase they go on here...

It's a relatives party tonight... Except I don't want to go because:

-I suffer from anxiety, I researched the area the event is in and it's not a nice area
    - I can see there being family fall outs because one side of the family is richer than the other and will look down on the party.. Also other family members there that we don't get on with ...
    - gonna be a party of screaming 6th formers who the majority are goth/emo and quite frankly scare me.

Don't get me wrong, I love the relative, Get along really well, but it's making me be physically sick at the thought of having to go.

What do I do? It's not like I can leave whenever I want because it's a long drive away and it's my parents driving...

ReputationRep:
    Don't go?

WTF !!!!?!??!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Gonna have to make this generalised incase they go on here...

It's a relatives party tonight... Except I don't want to go because:

-I suffer from anxiety, I researched the area the event is in and it's not a nice area

So? You'll be at a party, you won't be walking the streets, alone.

- I can see there being family fall outs because one side of the family is richer than the other and will look down on the party.. Also other family members there that we don't get on with ...

So talk to the ones you do get along with. Ignore any arguments or fall outs, don't let them ruin your night.

- gonna be a party of screaming 6th formers who the majority are goth/emo and quite frankly scare me.

Majority isn't all.

Don't get me wrong, I love the relative, Get along really well, but it's making me be physically sick at the thought of having to go.

What do I do? It's not like I can leave whenever I want because it's a long drive away and it's my parents driving...
    Doesn't seem like you have a choice. Man up and get on with it. Don't let anything ruin your night and have a blast.

ReputationRep:
    So your parents are driving you, yet one of the reasons is that it is a dodgy area? :confused:
    Go for the relative if you really love them, is there a particular occasion for it like a birthday or somehting? If it is just a casual party, then maybe it's best if you don't go, as you just seem to be searching for excuses not to go, and somehow want approval from us too... (p.s I don't mean for this to sound harsh )

ReputationRep:
    Go and have fun. Don't think about it, just enjoy it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.