Turn on thread page Beta

I lose weight when away from Uni?... watch

I'm a bit confused, could someone explain this?

At Uni I don't eat that much, maybe have two meals a day, and maybe one snack, additionally I probably do 20-30 mins of walking per day. Yet I maintain a weight of 11 and half stone (Male by the way).

However, whenever I come home, most recently was February for two weeks, I managed to lose 4 pounds... how is this possible? I must be eating almost twice as much as I usually do, and I do less walking... surely this doesn't make sense?

ReputationRep:
    Is what you eat less healthy at uni, or do you have bigger portions?

Alcohol also has a lot of calories in it, so if you drink more at uni that might also explain it.

ReputationRep:
    Drinking makes you fat

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.