Turn on thread page Beta

been with boyfriend for 3 months.. known for 7 months but things are starting to get to me such as

• threatening to end me if i disint delete particular friends of facebook
    • not letting me out with my friends... (gals to)
    • the anooying things is, he's always up pub with his mates and girl (frinds) and leaves me sat at home cus i not allowed 2 do anythin
    • always brings up my past with exs
    • expects too much
    • im a student and he is workin. I pay 4 everything
    • too strict

i dont want to leave him but i have lost a lot

ReputationRep:
    This is not a good relationship. You need to set him straight on a few things cause he sounds just too unreasonable and controlling. If that doesn't work, it's only a 3 month relationship and if you have these problems you should end it.

ReputationRep:
    Your relationship doesn't sound healthy.
    Leave him and try to patch things up with people you may have become distant from and get out and meet new people.
    You are lucky that you have only been together for 3 months - any longer and you could have become a lot more distant from family/friends, and it would be harder to go back to them without any bitter feelings towards each other.

ReputationRep:
    Yea its only been 3 months and youve already got problems, you should still be in the honeymoon phase. Leave him and find someone who appreciates you

ReputationRep:
    Are you kidding me? Why the hell would you stay with someone like that?

ReputationRep:
    Wow how did you fell for this guy it definately sounds like he's not giving you enough freedom- don't be a caged bird and go talk to him say you can't treat me like this and you have your own thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    either got to leave him or suck it up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    been with boyfriend for 3 months.. known for 7 months but things are starting to get to me such as

• the anooying things is, he's always up pub with his mates and girl (frinds) and leaves me sat at home cus i not allowed 2 do anythin
    • expects too much
    • too strict

Thats your problem. He probably knows you won't leave him even if he treats you like cr*p. Tbh you shoul've said no and set some ground rules the first time he tried telling you to do something you didn't want to do.

awww! this is not a good situation to be in. Explain your feelings and thoughts to you partner...if that doesn't go well its probably best if you separate.
    Being in a controlling relationship is never good and could easily develop into something more serious and violent. hope you find a way to resolve your problem. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

• expects too much
    • too strict

your dad or your bf? is he like extremely good looking and amazing in bed or you extremely ugly?!

ReputationRep:
    Kick 'em to the curb, as I usually say... *shurgs*

That /ain't/ a relationship. It's a.. control-ship.

ReputationRep:
    Are you kidding me? How do you even fall for such a prick?

The fact that you admit you can't leave him, means he also knows hence why he treats you like he does.

Have some self respect and don't put up with his rubbish because it's not like you are doing anything wrong.

Being a student is difficult enough without having a mare of a boyfriend like that.

Plus you deserve better.

ReputationRep:
    dump dump dump! He sounds like an absolute control freak! Things won't EVER get better, people like that don't change. Make him aware of what he's doing and then leave him.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.