Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TurboCretin)
    Buy a decommissioned naval war vessel and sail the seven seas hunting Voldemort.
    You know he died in 1997 right?

ReputationRep:
    Buy a decommissioned naval war vessel and sail the seven seas hunting Voldemort.
    Why would you do this ? (Hang on have you read the last Chapter of HP?)

ReputationRep:
    To live in Scandinavia. To have one of those summer cabins which I'd actually go to every summer. To have a house with my own personal library. To have a motorbike with a lot of power. To have a family and a dog.

And to go to MetalCamp in Slovenia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by History-Student)
    You know he died in 1997 right?
    Au contraire. I follow him on Twitter.

ReputationRep:
    Working at CERN with a person I can't live without.

Pretty average I guess! :P

ReputationRep:
    Au contraire. I follow him on Twitter.
    No he's definitely dead. And that notwithstanding, how are you planning to hunt/combat a wizard with technology?

ReputationRep:
    Money and kids. :dontknow:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    to get into a job that i like, or at least can tolerate, and be happy.

ReputationRep:
    To be successful and lead a life of luxury.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iorek)
    Money, success and power.
    Haha, I love all the replies to this thread.

My aim in life is the complete opposite to nearly every single reply on this thread.

I don't care about becoming wealthy, famous, successful or powerful. In fact, all those things disgust me slightly.

Material rewards have never appealed to me.

All my goals in life are almost purely moral.

The purpose of my life will be solely for the bettering of the lives of others, who live in terrible/oppressive conditions, without any opportunities or support.

And I've already started ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by planetearth)
    Haha, I love all the replies to this thread.

My aim in life is the complete opposite to nearly every single reply on this thread.

I don't care about becoming wealthy, famous, successful or powerful. In fact, all those things disgust me slightly.

Material rewards have never appealed to me.

All my goals in life are almost purely moral.

The purpose of my life will be solely for the bettering of the lives of others, who live in terrible/oppressive conditions, without any opportunities or support.

And I've already started ^^
    How so ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Well that's (pathetically) easy and highly unambitious.
    So what are your aims in life other than getting into Oxbridge?

ReputationRep:
    To have meanningful relationships with my wife, children and the Lord.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SayonaraSamm)
    Round One.

Fight.
    http://images2.memegenerator.net/Ima...come-at-me.jpg

ReputationRep:
    I had this question in a job interview, so I've thought about it a lot. Funnily enough my interview answer and my real-life answer are fairly similar. I want to succeed in my job and prove the people wrong who doubted me. I want to be able to look back on my teenage years and think "yeah, OK, I didn't go out as much as I could have done, people thought I worked too hard, but hey, look where I am now. Look how far I've come."

ReputationRep:
    To make MONEY MONEY AND MORE MONEY!!!!!!!!

Oh and to get rep on TSR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hitheuk)
    How so ?
    Volunteering for charity work, helped organised the raising of £8000 for the Pakistan floods, joined Amnesty International, raising awairness of the boycott Israel campaign, obtained 1200 signatures for a petition against Shell's exploitation and inhumane activity in Nigeria, helped organize campaigns for the WILPF (A charity for the rights of women), and I'm considering joining the New Communist Party of Britain (lol).

My activities are not "personal acheivements". They have been achieved with the hard team work of those around me, and those who supported the campaigns. For me they are just necessities, and so much more needs to be done.

I would do anything to avoid having my aims as "earning a good salary, getting a beautiful wife, becoming famous".

ReputationRep:
    Academic success and love for my future wife and children.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by History-Student)
    No he's definitely dead. And that notwithstanding, how are you planning to hunt/combat a wizard with technology?
    Your username is apt.

ReputationRep:
    Volunteering for charity work, helped organised the raising of £8000 for the Pakistan floods, joined Amnesty International, raising awairness of the boycott Israel campaign, obtained 1200 signatures for a petition against Shell's exploitation and inhumane activity in Nigeria, helped organize campaigns for the WILPF (A charity for the rights of women), and I'm considering joining the New Communist Party of Britain (lol).

My activities are not "personal acheivements". They have been achieved with the hard team work of those around me, and those who supported the campaigns. For me they are just necessities, and so much more needs to be done. "
    Nice.

I would do anything to avoid having my aims as "earning a good salary, getting a beautiful wife, becoming famous".
    But you'd still be very happy (especially the first two, and more emphasis on the second one ) to have them. Won't you ?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2011
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.