Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What is your aim in life ? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by November 11)
    >I said "often conveys" - I didn't say that science fiction always conveys philosophy.
    Ah, I know, I just wanted you to read that and be traumatised

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SatanIsAwesome)
    Ah, I know, I just wanted you to read that and be traumatised
    You were unsuccessful. Given that I reside in /d/ and fap to basically anything I find, I would not advise further attempts.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    My love for my mother figure (and her love for me) is my greatest driving force

Other major driving forces include God, fear, love, the need to prove myself, the need for security and music. Not necessarily in that or any order :nah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by November 11)
    You were unsuccessful. Given that I reside in /d/ and fap to basically anything I find, I would not advise further attempts.
    Ye, by the sounds of it you'd enjoy fapping to the last woman on earth being repeatedly raped by the last 5 or so men.
    Sadly, only the gorilla man can satisfy her, so her life sucks.

ReputationRep:
    Ye, by the sounds of it you'd enjoy fapping to the last woman on earth being repeatedly raped by the last 5 or so men.
    Sadly, only the gorilla man can satisfy her, so her life sucks.
    Is there a book about a few lizardmen ganging up on a shemale centaur? that'd work.

ReputationRep:
    money xD

ReputationRep:
    http://angryjoeshow.com/avatars/what..._this_crap.jpg

I'm hoping the answer is no, otherwise we live in a sick world...
    well, I have the doujinshi - which is probably worse, given the more direct form of imagery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hitheuk)
    Guys,

What really drives you in life ?
    I mean what really does, don't reply using your prepared answer you'd give if one of your mates asked. I mean for real. Feel free to post anon if you wish so.

Go!
    To be successful in a life where i have achieved a lot and proved everyone wrong by showing them that i can and will make it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrengineer)
    My answer to the title of your thread is happiness in the present moment. In my opinion, that is the meaning of life - other than survival

However, what drives me is success and my friends. I thrive on success and confidence.
    this, without the succes though!
    I like to live the moment, I hate the thought of dying in 10 years because of a random thing and having missed so much because I kept thinking of the future, so I just try to be happy and experience loads in every second.
    And if the sun only shines into the highest windo of a 15 level building, I am going up there just feel the sun on my face! -True Story

ReputationRep:
    My aim is to cause the end of mankind, except for a select few. To be responsible for something like that would be amazing - the ultimate infamy.

ReputationRep:
    Hahahaha, what's with all the people saying "live the moment" and posting on an internet forum?

ReputationRep:
    Happiness. . it's not working yet.

ReputationRep:
    For me its knowing that I will die one day may be soon or may be late. Either way I want to leave my footprints before I go I want to give this planet a reason to remember me.

ReputationRep:
    To move out of the UK to somewhere hotter

ReputationRep:
    To finish my BA at Warwick, do an MA at Columbia, New York; then, buy an apartment in the upper-west side, and hopefully get a job at VOGUE (soon to be editor?! :rolleyes:) That's it in the summarised long-run of things, anyway :yep:

ReputationRep:
    To have a big grin on my face come my deathbed

ReputationRep:
    To simply get laid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAK.A)
    So that I and my future family can live an easy life afterwards.
    Same

ReputationRep:
    Happiness, love, hope.
    I want to be happy and help others to be in a happier place within themselves.

That's the cheesy stuff.

Material goals: I want to graduate, intern at a suicide prevention charity in the USA where I used to live, do an Msc and then further training to be a clinical psychologist. Or if I'm happy in the charity train to be a counsellor with them.

ReputationRep:
    To find God.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.