Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    1 Captain school rugby team next season

2 Due to this aim get stupidly fit lol

3 Prove my teachers and school wrong and get ABB in my AS Levels with only a month left to learn for 3 as levels (all of it) and two unit retakes for learning heavy subjects lol........Thats the toughest i think.

4 Be the best person i can be and do everything to the best of my abilities.

ReputationRep:
    true love and money, if I had to choose. Maybe love, I love the idea of an amazing wife and beautiful kids.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly? I have absolutely no idea.

ReputationRep:
    - Have love, loyalty and fulfilment out of a life long marriage that is built out of trust and adoration

- Have happiness and comfort out of life in general

- Have a decent amount of money to live off with enough to have a few luxuries as well like holidays abroad

- Be brilliant at my job as a children's nurse and enjoy it fully

- Have beautiful and respectful children who get to have the things which I wasn't able to have as a child/young adult

- Have family that are there for me throughout my life milestones and important future memories i.e. marriage and children

- Have true friends that last a lifetime and know how to have fun.

Not much like...lol! .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubblehead)
    To be happy, successful and rich
    "successful" is vague; happiness is fluctuating; richness is relative:vader:

ReputationRep:
    Be happy.

ReputationRep:
    i want to be happy, comfortable, have close friends, satisfying career, travel, make others happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josh_Dey)
    I want to be a Doctor, the pride and reputation in my family is the biggest motivator.

Secondly, is the thought of being able to go home at the end of the day and think today I saved someones life or I helped someone, someone will remember me because i did something right.

I will like to help people, save people and cure people even if it didn't come with proper pay; money doesn't matter, only the fact that I have reached my goal and satisfied the medical needs of others.

What's with the ****ing negative rep? Everywhere I post it's the same ****. **** OFF.
    lol

ReputationRep:
    To forge a career in what makes me happy: music.
    To travel to as many excitinng places as possible.
    To be truly in love or at least have plenty of really close friends.
    To live comfortably and happily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    :lolwut: So, basically a housewife?
    I'm genuinely interested as to what your goal in life is.
    Btw I sort of agree with you on this, I don't see what's so special or defining about being a baby factory.
    ---
    This is probably too abstract, but I'd like to know a lot of things/be well educated(but I'm not talking about 'education' or 'qualifications').
    I'd also like to have someone I've been close to for a long time(like, say a decade or two at least) and shared a lot of my life with, because all my friendships seem to be transient, or meaningless.
    I'd also like to meet someone who I relate to a lot and who shares similar interests to me.
    Career-wise, I'm not really sure. I'm not sure yet whether I want to dedicate my time in life to climbing the socioeconomic ladder, as such, or less recognisable pursuits, like 'making a difference'. I think there'd be a nice sense of security in being a lawyer/doctor/I.B person, in that 'you've done good', but it doesn't leave much room for making a difference, establishing who you are, etc. but again some of those things are just abstract rubbish that don't really equate to anything, it just seems to me tbh.
    EMZ=]

ReputationRep:
    to laugh at something every day
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    To avoid pain where possible.

ReputationRep:
    I want to be nurse, to help people, and to look after them!

I also want to get married, and have a family, I Want to be a good mum - not a perfect one perhaps, but a good one, and have a good husband, who I can love, and who loves me too!

That's all I want really - not to be rich, or to have two cars, or a house in surburbia ... I'd live in a tiny flat, in the arse whole of the world, if I had the job I dream of, and a good man and my kids!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hitheuk)
    Which is ... ? (If I may I ask)
    I'd love to do something in fashion, preferably designing and making clothes. I know its a career that will take up a lot of my time but it also will provide me with the opportunity to travel if I am successful and hopefully allow me to have a decent enough income so I can contribute towards different volunteering projects etc when possible.

ReputationRep:
    To do something useful with it.

Preferably unselfish, world peace an' all that.

I really have no idea.

ReputationRep:
    To be happy... and have lots of cats :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emor)
    I'm genuinely interested as to what your goal in life is.
    Btw I sort of agree with you on this, I don't see what's so special or defining about being a baby factory.
    ---
    This is probably too abstract, but I'd like to know a lot of things/be well educated(but I'm not talking about 'education' or 'qualifications').
    I'd also like to have someone I've been close to for a long time(like, say a decade or two at least) and shared a lot of my life with, because all my friendships seem to be transient, or meaningless.
    I'd also like to meet someone who I relate to a lot and who shares similar interests to me.
    Career-wise, I'm not really sure. I'm not sure yet whether I want to dedicate my time in life to climbing the socioeconomic ladder, as such, or less recognisable pursuits, like 'making a difference'. I think there'd be a nice sense of security in being a lawyer/doctor/I.B person, in that 'you've done good', but it doesn't leave much room for making a difference, establishing who you are, etc. but again some of those things are just abstract rubbish that don't really equate to anything, it just seems to me tbh.
    EMZ=]
    being a doctor doesn't leave much room for making a difference?

ReputationRep:
    Winning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteveCrain)
    being a doctor doesn't leave much room for making a difference?
    Good point haha. I was just running through in my heads all the generic *good* jobs.

Though, tbh, when I think about making a difference to people's lives, I don't really think of performing surgery or diagnosing illnesses. Even if it does, it's not what I have in mind tbh.

I often get the impression that med students are med students for the prestige, not for a want to help humanity/make a difference, or a love for the subject.

In terms of making a difference, I don't think it'd be by means of a career/occupation.

EMZ=]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by planetearth)
    Haha, I love all the replies to this thread.

My aim in life is the complete opposite to nearly every single reply on this thread.

I don't care about becoming wealthy, famous, successful or powerful. In fact, all those things disgust me slightly.

Material rewards have never appealed to me.

All my goals in life are almost purely moral.

The purpose of my life will be solely for the bettering of the lives of others, who live in terrible/oppressive conditions, without any opportunities or support.

And I've already started ^^
    And how exactly do you hope to better the life of others without money? Surely whatever charities you choose to join will also be asking for donations?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.