Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Homosexuality encouraged in schools. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatieKate)
    There isn't a Big Evil SkinnyJeanWearing Boss hurling these feminine items into shops, people buy 'em cause they like 'em and that is that.
    But why do they like them? Where do these fashions come from, how do you think they start and spread through the population?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cttp_ngaf)
    But why do they like them? Where do these fashions come from, how do you think they start and spread through the population?
    Pfft, I dunno.

Why have women stopped wearing humungous many-layered skirty corsety girdle whalebone thingies and not showing their ankles?

Fashions come and go, sometimes you just deal with them.

ReputationRep:
    Pfft, I dunno.

ReputationRep:
    LOL K THANX

srsly tho.

dat were unnecessary.

ReputationRep:
    LOL K THANX

srsly tho.

dat were unnecessary.

ReputationRep:
    Taking another note - do schools even "encourage" heterosexuality??

No sexuality should either be encouraged nor discouraged! Tolerance and goodness should be encouraged, but not any specific type of sexuality - this only further alienates said sexuality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum9999)
    What do you mean "celebrate"? I'm sure the BNP's definition is far different to mine - so what is yours?
    I can't think of anything schools do to celebrate it, they teach that it's a normal and acceptable thing though (which I assume fulfils the BNPs definition of "celebrate" - we all know how much they love people who are different to them...).
    (Original post by tieyourmotherdown)
    True enough, I agree the state shouldn't be promoting any family set up, but I imagine when Stonewall says celebrate it essentially means educate. In education terms "celebrating" something is one of these New Labour terms which is just another way of saying inform. It's just semantics really.
    By celebrate, I mean explain in terms that are on the positive side of morally neutral. Stonewall seem to me to want it to be taught that it's morally acceptable, which is something I think should be left to the children to decide. I would much rather resources were spent on teaching children tolerance of people even if they disagree with them, or think something they do is morally wrong. It seems to me that this would solve a much wider range of problems than just homophobic bullying.

As the family unit is an important sub-division of society, I have to say that "the state", or the rest of society, could reasonably have a say in what is desirable or not. This has always happened and certainly does today, with particular promotion of single-parent families as a good and ideal arrangement. Back when m+f long-term parent couples were promoted and supported by the state and society, that was the norm. Now that many alternative setups and alternative lifestyles in general are promoted and encouraged, that kind of family is becoming rarer.
    Maybe, but unless there's a valid difference between heterosexual and homosexual couples as sub-divisions of society, it doesn't seem as though the state can promote one and not the other. And children still need to be taught that it's unacceptable to bully someone for having a different family set-up to their own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxiKillxXx)
    I believe you lot are brainwashed
    This coming from someone who believes homosexuality is wrong :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aeterno)
    This coming from someone who believes homosexuality is wrong :rolleyes:
    I have avoided the brainwash of school, you haven't.

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    What has school got to do with it? :lolwut: My school neither encouraged nor discouraged homosexuality so I don't know where you're getting your information from.

Seeing as this thread has come back to life, could somebody provide me with a good reason to be homophobic?

You all seem to go blind when somebody asks for one, so i'll help you by making this really big and bright.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imperial maniac)
    Is this a good thing?

Acceptance of homosexuality is one thing, but actively teaching it as the norm to children, is that crossing a line?

http://www.bnp.org.uk/news/homosexua...ren-young-five

ofc the source isn't exactly, erm...unbiased, but assuming what it says is true, do you see this as a victory for equality or as the BNP puts it "homosexual propaganda."

Edit: Thanks for the neg guys... maybe I should I've pointed out that I'm not agreeing with the BNP in any way here, it's just an interesting point of contention and I wanted to see what people's opinions were on this. I don't think my post in any way suggests that I agree with them on this matter, I'm sitting on the fence, and made the thread so I could make a more informed decision after listening to the arguments for and against.
    **** ANY neg posters. You're just posting a link about something, these half wits should neg the bnp and not you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imperial maniac)
    Is this a good thing?

Acceptance of homosexuality is one thing, but actively teaching it as the norm to children, is that crossing a line?

http://www.bnp.org.uk/news/homosexua...ren-young-five

ofc the source isn't exactly, erm...unbiased, but assuming what it says is true, do you see this as a victory for equality or as the BNP puts it "homosexual propaganda."

Edit: Thanks for the neg guys... maybe I should I've pointed out that I'm not agreeing with the BNP in any way here, it's just an interesting point of contention and I wanted to see what people's opinions were on this. I don't think my post in any way suggests that I agree with them on this matter, I'm sitting on the fence, and made the thread so I could make a more informed decision after listening to the arguments for and against.
    I do agree with the BNP here, sex education should not be taught to 5 year olds, and I think it should be parent's role to do it. Perhaps then we we would have less 13 year old parents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    I do agree with the BNP here, sex education should not be taught to 5 year olds, and I think it should be parent's role to do it. Perhaps then we we would have less 13 year old parents.
    But that is exactly the problem. Some parents don't do it.

And I think you will find that the countries that are more open about sex and sex education that we are also have less teenagers getting pregnant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    But that is exactly the problem. Some parents don't do it.

And I think you will find that the countries that are more open about sex and sex education that we are also have less teenagers getting pregnant.
    it isn't about being open and talking about sex, it is about how it is spoken about. Personally I don't think 5 year olds should be encouraged to prance around in dresses by far left loonies, it should be up to their parents.
    Btw, Britain has the highest teenage pregnancy rate in Europe, because of how society handles it.

Also, a thought has just occured to me, what sort of twisted creep thinks one day "lets teach sex to 5 year olds", hasn't anyone thought about that, it's the sort of thing a peadophile would want.

ReputationRep:
    it isn't about being open and talking about sex, it is about how it is spoken about. Personally I don't think 5 year olds should be encouraged to prance around in dresses by far left loonies, it should be up to their parents.
    Btw, Britain has the highest teenage pregnancy rate in Europe, because of how society handles it.

Also, a thought has just occured to me, what sort of twisted creep thinks one day "lets teach sex to 5 year olds", hasn't anyone thought about that, it's the sort of thing a peadophile would want.
    Nope. It is about how open it is. Seriously, look into it. The countries that are more open about sex also have the lower teenage pregnancy rates.

And what on earth does teaching that sometimes people like members of the same gender have to do with encouraging kids to prance around in dresses :confused:

As for your last part, as far as I am aware, no-one is taking about teaching sex to 5 year olds. The curriculum covers children from age 5 to age 11. The way I understand it is that simple relationship stuff will be what 5 year olds will get taught. The actual sex stuff won't come till afterwards. If anything, it is people like YOU who assume that teaching about relationships and sexuality automatically means teaching about sex, who are the problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Nope. It is about how open it is. Seriously, look into it. The countries that are more open about sex also have the lower teenage pregnancy rates.

And what on earth does teaching that sometimes people like members of the same gender have to do with encouraging kids to prance around in dresses :confused:

As for your last part, as far as I am aware, no-one is taking about teaching sex to 5 year olds. The curriculum covers children from age 5 to age 11. The way I understand it is that simple relationship stuff will be what 5 year olds will get taught. The actual sex stuff won't come till afterwards. If anything, it is people like YOU who assume that teaching about relationships and sexuality automatically means teaching about sex, who are the problem.
    No, It is not people like me, who think that children should have a childhood, that is thr problem, it is people like you who think it is OK for schools to be teaching 5 year olds relationship stuff whilst working their way to sex by age 10/11.

With reference to your other points, did you not read the article?

ReputationRep:
    No, It is not people like me, who think that children should have a childhood, that is thr problem, it is people like you who think it is OK for schools to be teaching 5 year olds relationship stuff whilst working their way to sex by age 10/11.

With reference to your other points, did you not read the article?
    And why would teaching kids about relationships take away their childhood. It wouldn't.
    As for teaching kids about sex by age 11, that isn't exactly something new.
    And the (correct) logic about it is that some people will have sex in their early teens, so it is better that they know the risk first.

As for the article, yes I have. But it isn't exactly a reliable source. In any case, I've seen pictures / videos of male cheerleaders ages ago. Showing that it happens isn't exactly encouraging it.

And are you trying to say this image is wrong? If so, why?

ReputationRep:
    The article says that this (teaching acceptance of homosexuality) has no place in a healthy, normal society.

The BNP has no place in a healthy, normal society!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.