The Student Room Group

Homosexuality encouraged in schools.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sherlllll
To me it seems to be entirely a pathetic lifestyle choice more than anything. It's just a belief I hold.

lols. You can't have a go at me for not having evidence, then have your own opinions just backed up by "your beliefs". In that case I hold the belief that you are wrong.
Reply 361
Do you know it's genetic? Don't tell me you do, as it hasn't been conclusively proven at all. To me it shall remain a pitiful lifestyle choice until proven otherwise.

Yep, they're immoral, people act immorally all the time in various other ways and are similarly ostracised by society. Don't you agree that people choose to be murderers, rapists, sexual deviants, engage in other felonies etc...

Not everybody has the strength of character to keep on the straight and narrow :smile:.

Your actually comparing homosexuals to murderers, rapists and sexual deviants!!! Seriously just take a step back and look at what you just said and tell me that it is not moronic!!!

In fact I'm not even going to bother arguing with people like you. Brain washed small minded idiots are not worthy of my time or anyone else's for that matter.
To me it seems to be a pathetic lifestyle choice more than anything else. It's just a belief I hold.

"It's just a belief I hold" doesn't really justify it though, does it :wink:. I mean, the world is flat, slavery is absolutely fine and albinos are evil ... but you know, it's just a belief I hold, right?

If you're going to object to something, you need to provide some reasoning.
Original post by WelshBluebird
lols. You can't have a go at me for not having evidence, then have your own opinions just backed up by "your beliefs". In that case I hold the belief that you are wrong.

I didn't have a go at you for not having evidence. You did however assert that it was genetic earlier though, didn't you?
Reply 364
Original post by silent ninja
A logical reason is not necessary. Perhaps they don't want to expose their children to sexuality at such a young age. Perhaps they find it unnatural. It makes no difference. They have the right to object and there is nothing extreme about that as you suggest. There is nothing logical about wanting to teach 5 year olds about homosexuality imo.

Lefties tend to be pro-gay, even more pro-gay than gays themselves. Anything goes with extremist lefties. Anything.

I forgot to say, what's wrong with teaching children about sexuality?

Maybe before they start going about having sex without contraception and believing weird sex myths and bullying homosexuals in their school.
To me it shall remain a pitiful lifestyle choice until proven otherwise.

Aha.
I didn't have a go at you for not having evidence. You did however assert that it was genetic earlier though, didn't you?

No I didn't.
I said that it isn't a choice.
It not being a choice does not make it genetic.

If you want to go into beliefs, then I personally think it is part genetics, part life experiences / environment, part just who you are.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by tieyourmotherdown

Hasn't proven anything to me. The bottom line is, it remains immoral.

So you're presented with concrete evidence from a very credible/reliable source certifying that homosexuality is entirely natural, not a choice and isn't inherently bad in any way shape or form and you still deem it immoral without providing any reason as to why ...? Do you realize just how absurd that is?

Why is it immoral? Because a 2000 year old book says so?
Original post by Smophy
Your actually comparing homosexuals to murderers, rapists and sexual deviants!!! Seriously just take a step back and look at what you just said and tell me that it is not moronic!!!

In fact I'm not even going to bother arguing with people like you. Brain washed small minded idiots are not worthy of my time or anyone else's for that matter.

They're all engaging in immorality, on very different scales however. How can you fail to understand that?

I don't even know why I'm arguing with you really. I think you're the brain washed one; a product of a society that prides itself on being "oh-so-tolerant" making you just as bigoted to those who disagree with your views.
Original post by badger-man
Why is it immoral? Because a 2000 year old book says so?

Religion does influence this in part, but I would find homosexuality repulsive, deviant and unnatural even without such an influence.

I simply ask myself this question: "Would you want your son to be homosexual?" Why don't you ask yourself the same question.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by imperial maniac

The url made me go omg! :eek:
Religion does influence this in part, but I would find homosexuality repulsive, deviant and unnatural even without such an influence.

I simply ask myself this question: "Would you want your son to be homosexual?" Why don't you ask yourself the same question.

1 - But why. There has to be a reason.

2 - I really wouldn't care.
Reply 374

Don't worry, most people will find you repulsive, so we are all on equal ground.
Reply 375
They're all engaging in immorality, on very different scales however. How can you fail to understand that?

I don't even know why I'm arguing with you really. I think you're the brain washed one; a product of a society that prides itself on being "oh-so-tolerant" making you just as bigoted to those who disagree with your views.

Hahahaha!!! I have to laugh as you really are such a joke!

Religious by any chance?

And oh yes...I'm such a bad person for being tolerant and accepting of other peoples sexuality :rolleyes:

You are just ridiculous. End of.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Buxtons
Don't be such a pussy, this is a democracy and people are allowed to air their views no matter how vile and pointless they are, your only an idiot if you choose to believe in them.

Yes people have a right to express their views but I don't have to read that bigoted ****
Original post by WelshBluebird
1 - But why. There has to be a reason.

2 - I really wouldn't care.

The reasons have been discussed ad nauseam in this thread really, you seem to have an answer to every single one of them, but they still remain.

Here are some I can think of, perhaps I'll think of more later:

It's entirely unproductive, does not propagate new life. So what if infertile couples also are unproductive, they do not have any social stigma attached to them and should still be allowed to adopt anyway.

The integrity of the family institution is undermined by homosexuality. I refuse to believe that children can function with same sex parents just as well as those raised by a normal couple. The child should have some measure of choice in the matter also. Why should a child be ostracised by society for being adopted by a couple of gays at birth where he has no say in the matter? Why is Elton John's baby deprived of the choice of having a normal family rather than being raised by a pair of queers?

On this particular case, why should children be introduced to sex so early and even then why homosexual sex in particular as if it is being advocated and encouraged over straight sex.

It isolates individuals from society, there is a noted social stigma attached to homosexuality.

Both Socrates and Plato find homosexuality repulsive, perceptions on it have not changed, having existed even before Christianity itself, therefore there was some sort of social stigma attached to homosexuality even before when the influence of religion was even an issue. Apparently even then, homosexuality was recognised to contribute to the decay of society through its "pleasure first" selfish attitude.

Homosexuality as it stands causes more medical problems than heterosexuality due to the increased risk of STD's; a practical reason not to preach homosexuality to kids.

That's all I can come up from a secular point of view. I personally like many others find the physical act repulsive, I would qualify that as a reason as well really, though it fits in with the social stigma isolating homosexuals from regular society.
(edited 13 years ago)
Homosexuality is wrong. It is completely immoral and unnatural. It isn't genetic. It is entirely a choice.

So...why the hell are children being taught this?

Would you be happy if your child was gay? Yeah...I thought not all you idiots who are proud of this "oh-so-tolerant society" we live in.

Some things just should not be tolerated publicly and should be kept behind closed doors; kept in the closet so to speak.

It isn't a choice, you moron.
Reply 379
What's with all the gay threads recently?

Quick Reply

Latest