Turn on thread page Beta

Homosexuality encouraged in schools. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxiKillxXx)
    I am, and proud ahahah
    Then can we have counter argument? I'm interested to hear what you think.

ReputationRep:
    Its on the BNP site - i call BS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morecambebay)
    Congratulations? Are you still gonna be proud of your ignorance when you have spent 50 yrs cleaning up other peoples piss?
    Epic response =3

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations? Are you still gonna be proud of your ignorance when you have spent 50 yrs cleaning up other peoples piss?
    Why flame him??? Not going to get us anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    How can homosexuality be encouraged? It's a natural given, or am I missing something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imperial maniac)
    Then can we have counter argument? I'm interested to hear what you think.
    I am angry with the constant homosexual propaganda we receive at schools, teaching us its natural as ''animals do it''

Well done BNP

ReputationRep:
    How does that make sense? Me being homophobic doesn't mean I lack intelligence

How does that make sense? Me being homophobic doesn't mean I lack intelligence
    Counter argument then?

Because believing things without having rational reasons does kind of mean that you lack intelligence.

FYI, this isnt one:
    I am angry with the constant homosexual propaganda we receive at schools, teaching us its natural as ''animals do it''

ReputationRep:
    Why doesn't everyone calm down?

Let's remember, this argument was started courtesy of the BNP, a party known for it's ridiculous, attention-seeking statements

ReputationRep:
    Counter argument then?

Because believing things without having rational reasons does kind of mean that you lack intelligence.
    What do you mean by rational reasons?
    I would argue most of the world still believe in a religion of some sort and a god. Does that mean they are all stupid?

ReputationRep:
    Is this a good thing?

Acceptance of homosexuality is one thing, but actively teaching it as the norm to children, is that crossing a line?

http://www.bnp.org.uk/news/homosexua...ren-young-five

ofc the source isn't exactly, erm...unbiased, but assuming what it says is true, do you see this as a victory for equality or as the BNP puts it "homosexual propaganda."
    Looks like someone a BNP member.

Disgrace at the kind of **** propaganda they are trying to sell. Absolute sickos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexisonfire)
    How can homosexuality be encouraged? It's a natural given, or am I missing something?
    It's a point of contention whether Homosexuality is due to nature or nurture, to blindly say one is correct is unwise until we have a greater scientific understanding.

Personally I think that nurture must play a part in sexuality, but is also influenced by genetics in some form. (pure speculation)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    I would argue most of the world still believe in a religion of some sort and a god. Does that mean they are all stupid?
    I would argue yes, but that's a different matter entirely.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: What does the source say, I am too frightened to click on the link in case it turns me gay.

Seriously NO ONE can make you gay or hetero. There is nothing wrong with teaching children that homosexuality exists and that it is of no threat.

ReputationRep:
    Counter argument then?

FYI, this isnt one:
    The decay of moral standards in society

ReputationRep:
    It's a point of contention whether Homosexuality is due to nature or nurture, to blindly say one is correct is unwise until we have a greater scientific understanding.

Personally I think that nurture must play a part in sexuality, but is also influenced by genetics in some form. (pure speculation)
    I remember they'd done a case studies with twins, exact same upbringing, one was gay and the other wasn't. It's not the sort of thing you can control. Maybe nurture does play a part in it though.

ReputationRep:
    There is never any clear distinction between simply saying that something is "ok", and actively encouraging it. In fact it's really the same thing, just different extents of the same practice, and it's open to individual interpretations as to what is actually going on.

I guess it comes down to whether we think that children's adult personalities are decided unchangeably before birth, or whether they can in fact be influenced by their upbringing. I know it's unfashionable, but I believe in the latter and will be raising my children so that they become the kinds of adults I think they ought to, to the extent that I think is fitting.

For example my parents always encouraged me to go to university, that was always told to me as the obvious thing to do, we rarely discussed other options. As such, I naturally went in that direction. I'm sure if they had instead filled my head with other options and promoted those, I could easily have ended up doing something else.
    Either way, had I truly not wanted to go to uni, they wouldn't have "forced" me.

ReputationRep:
    As soon as I was 'Homosexual propaganda and the BNP' I clicked off before the link even loaded.
    So should you have.

ReputationRep:
    Is this some kinda joke? you quote from www.bnp.org.uk and expect me to take you seriously?

gtfo fool!

(Original post by silent ninja)
    That depends on the reasons they use doesnt it? If they claim that there is evidence/rational logical reason for god..then yes, they are stupid/ignorant. But If they call it faith and have accepted that they are not using reason the intelligence question is irrelevant. They arent claiming it to be right.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.