Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2ndClass)
    Well you're not a man are you? and if you don't see the problem, does that mean I shouldn't? or does that I mean I should take your views to matter more or supersede mine?
    That's where the issue lies to be honest, where does the line stand what is society trying to promote by over feminizing men?
    Don't be so defensive, I'm just trying to have to have a discussion. Are you saying that this "over-feminisation" is causing you to feel insecure about your own masculinity?

Well you're not a man are you? and if you don't see the problem, does that mean I shouldn't? or does that I mean I should take your views to matter more or supersede mine?
    That's where the issue lies to be honest, where does the line stand what is society trying to promote by over feminizing men?

Erm for most part they are. And secondly this was never about who should be free do what. It was about my dislike and probably most men's dislike of the forceful push to feminize them.
    No, right/wrong is not decided by majority opinion.

What forceful push?

Fashion companies are in the business of making money, thats all they care about. If the market didnt exist they wouldnt make the clothes that you have such a problem with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    So by being born the child is having heterosexuality forced down his/her throat?

That's hilarious.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVmmYMwFj1I

check this out

(Original post by gingerrama)
    Don't be so defensive, I'm just trying to have to have a discussion. Are you saying that this "over-feminisation" is causing you to feel insecure about your own masculinity?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's good (making homosexuality more acceptable). I don't like racism, Islamophobia or other kinds of discrimination so this is a step in the right direction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morecambebay)
    It's a serious question :dry:

ReputationRep:
    No, right/wrong is not decided by majority opinion.

What forceful push?

Fashion companies are in the business of making money, thats all they care about. If the market didnt exist they wouldnt make the clothes that you have such a problem with.
    Err yes it is, something that's proclaimed to be absolute right must falsifiable and that entails majority agreement to that notion.
    Fashion companies base their clothing on the culture, if that culture is feminized they will produce clothing accordingly, otherwise they would be producing clothing that no one would wear. The very fact that they're producing such clothes is telling enough.

ReputationRep:
    Extreme fashion victims aka ********s! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imperial maniac)
    Can you send me the passage please?

Friend of mine went off on an evangelical rant against homosexuals the other day, I want to try and persuade him otherwise, and since the bible is only thing that would persuade him, that would be very helpful to my argument.
    I don't know it by heart, but if you Google it you should come across some links. I only say this cos I'd just be Googling to answer your question.

If I recall correctly, which I might not, Jesus only said marriage between two men was wrong. What he said about accepting them, I don't recall, but there's one or two sentences saying it. It would also come under how we're all imperfect and such.

As with many things Bibleish, it comes down to the misinterpretation of a latin word and stretching its meaning to suit white, straight men.

Err yes it is, something that's proclaimed to be absolute right must falsifiable and that entails majority agreement to that notion.
    Fashion companies base their clothing on the culture, if that culture is feminized they will produce clothing accordingly, otherwise they would be producing clothing that no one would wear. The very fact that they're producing such clothes is telling enough.
    What push towards feminization? You are yet to give an example.

And your first sentance doesnt make sense. Did you mean that it must not be falsifiable? That's not right because of majority opinion, thats right because its logical. I doubt that it even is majority opinion most of the world will not be aware of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingerrama)
    I'm not being defensive, I'm not the one imposing their views on others....

and yeth my mathculinity ith shaking in ith pink jeggins

Spoiler:
    Show
    note the surfacing feminine lisp

ReputationRep:
    I'm not being defensive, I'm not the one imposing their views on others....

and yeth my mathculinity ith shaking in ith pink jeggins

Spoiler:
    Show
    note the surfacing feminine lisp
    Oh ffs, how have I imposed my views on you through the medium of a computer screen?

And yes, that's very witty.

ReputationRep:
    What push towards feminization? You are yet to give an example.

And your first sentance doesnt make sense. Did you mean that it must not be falsifiable? That's not right because of majority opinion, thats right because its logical.
    I gave my example in the very first post had you bothered to read it before your pro gay defences went into over drive. And ironically your question doesn't make sense, but I'll clarify my statement, for something to be considered as "right" it has to be tested, verified and that entails majority agreement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxiKillxXx)
    I am, and proud ahahah
    Are you this narrow-minded about everything?

I gave my example in the very first post had you bothered to read it before your pro gay defences went into over drive. And ironically your question doesn't make sense, but I'll clarify my statement, for something to be considered as "right" it has to be tested, verified and that entails majority agreement.
    The fashion thing? You cancelled that out when you said it was an effect of it not the cause. What is the cause of feminization? what are people doing to make men more feminine?

Things being considered as right and being right are not the same thing.

If things are being tested, it isnt opinions that are deciding what is right, it is the results of the experiment.

ReputationRep:
    The fashion thing? You cancelled that out when you said it was an effect of it not the cause. What is the cause of feminization? what are people doing to make men more feminine?

Things being considered as right and being right are not the same thing.

If things are being tested, it isnt opinions that are deciding what is right, it is the results of the experiment.
    That's the issue but this could be an accurate assessment.

Exactly just because you personally consider something to be right, it doesn't mean that it is, your claims have to be tried and tested by a majority to conclude on your claims. You should look up a little something called "peer review".

That's the issue but this could be an accurate assessment.

Exactly just because you personally consider something to be right, it doesn't mean that it is, your claims have to be tried and tested by a majority to conclude on your claims. You should look up a little something called "peer review".
    How do your claims that there is something wrong with feminization stand up to peer review?

The article you linked to works against your argument anyway. If its happenning naturally it isnt because anybody is pushing it.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I don't think it's right what those people are trying to do. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm with trying to get people to grow up not being homophones and stuff, but encouraging young boys to "become cheerleaders and wear frocks" is a little over the top, don't you think? As far as I know and heard, you're not born gay, you BECOME gay according to how you were treated during childhood and the environment that you lived in...

ReputationRep:
    The problem I see teaching it is it creates more "nuture" homosexuals since its introduced to them at an early age, and shown as normal. Nothing wrong with that but it clouds the water a lot.

Also my opinions on Nature/nurtue like the twins argument earlier how one was gay and other straight, we can have a butterfly effect here so the fact they have both sexualities doesnt prove anything much.

Also we dont know if theres an imbalance of testosterone in gay men(I am serious) since camp men are "one of the girls" obsessed with fashion and make up etc.

Also if homosexuality was nature, then so is people born to be criminals so why are people born to be criminals hated so much?(bar the obvious things like criminals take things away from someone else)

ReputationRep:
    How do your claims that there is something wrong with feminization stand up to peer review?

The article you linked to works against your argument anyway. If its happenning naturally it isnt because anybody is pushing it.
    :rolleyes: you're getting boring now, obviously you have nothing else to say so you take the debate to a completely different tangent.

And no again I stress this, you should learn to read things before you comment on them, it isn't happening naturally. Read the very first paragraph again if you can't be bothered to read (surprise, surprise) the rest.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.