Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    Some animals also like to each other, heck some humans even do it.
    So yeah, canabalism is okay then? It's natural?

What is your rational, provable or measurable reason for accepting homosexuality then? I'm interested.

I don't object to homosexuality, what I do object to is having it stuffed down our throats that we have to accept it cos we're told to. You are perfectly entitled to think it is unnatural/wrong or whatever. As long as you aren't harming or abusing a gay person in any way, why isn't that okay?
    Cannibalism is normal yes. Many species do it, so there's point me arguing. It's only our society that tells us it's not acceptable as normal behaviour. There are other (human) societies where cannibalism is acceptated as normal behaviour. And who are you to judge whether that's okay or not, you have absolutely no concept of their society whatsoever.

And you think that by calling a homosexual person's lifestyle 'wrong' isn't abuse or harmful. I suspect that is someone said that something (that you didn't even have a choice in) was "wrong" and "unnatural" you would feel upset, no?

ReputationRep:
    But you're saying you agree with the nurture argument, right? Because naturally, people cannot be born criminals because, again, it depends on that person's lifestyle and problems (child abuse, parents's divorce ..etc...) ...

(Original post by 2ndClass)
    :rolleyes: you're getting boring now, obviously you have nothing else to say so you take the debate to a completely different tangent.

And no again I stress this, you should learn to read things before you comment on them, it isn't happening naturally. Read the very first paragraph again if you can't be bothered to read (surprise, surprise) the rest.
    How am I taking it on a different tangent? I am talking about things you wrote.

You are just making things up as you go along.

You said that you had a problem with men becoming more feminine because it was being pushed. How is it being pushed?

You also said that you are right in your opinion that it is wrong and that peer review decided what was seen as right/wrong. How does your opinion stand up to peer review?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tieyourmotherdown)
    So you think schools should completely deny the existence of heterosexual parents ...? :confused: Practically every story book that children read has a heterosexual couple in it, it's unavoidable. All that's happening is that some books are being introduced with gay couples in them.

This is nothing to do with sex. Why do people make the ridiculous assumption that by teaching children about different couples you're also teaching them about sex? This is about relationships, and has nothing to do with sex.
    While I imagine the BNP commentator does want to deny the existence of homosexual couples, surely the debate that people ought to be having is whether or not schools should celebrate (Stonewall's word) different family arrangements. It doesn't seem unreasonable to me for someone to think that the state should express no opinion as to the desirability of any particular family structure, and should simply leave this question to the children to decide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patrick101)
    I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm with trying to get people to grow up not being homophones and stuff...
    We definitely don't want people growing up to be homophones

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, BNP. The Marxists aren't really out to get you.

It's the Jews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LauriC)
    Cannibalism is normal yes. Many species do it, so there's point me arguing. It's only our society that tells us it's not acceptable as normal behaviour. There are other (human) societies where cannibalism is acceptated as normal behaviour. And who are you to judge whether that's okay or not, you have absolutely no concept of their society whatsoever.

And you think that by calling a homosexual person's lifestyle 'wrong' isn't abuse or harmful. I suspect that is someone said that something (that you didn't even have a choice in) was "wrong" and "unnatural" you would feel upset, no?
    I completely agree with you. No one can understand what a homosexual person might be going through unless we're in that same position as them. It's actually pretty easy to thrown around offensive and hurtful words thinking that we're doing the right thing by hating and hurting them, when really, we're not. Because, at the end of the day, they're also people with feelings and deserve to be respected (assuming they respect themselves in public first of all) and keep their dignity...

ReputationRep:
    lol gays

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dreiviergrenadier)
    We definitely don't want people growing up to be homophones
    Oops a typo ... Sue me !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Man)
    I wouldn't trust it, seeing as it's on the BNP website.
    Ditto, that shouldve been the end of the thread IMO :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tieyourmotherdown)
    they're just not similar.
    I see

Well you have yet to provide any evidence.
    Actually I did, incidentally - something about identical twins. Not that I wish to get into a nature vs. nurture "debate" about homosexuality. I'm pretty sure no one claims it's entirely genetic, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Christ on a bicycle, people, how is it immoral to teach children that not all families are mum, dad and 2.4 kids? Is not like they're teaching 5-year-olds about anal sex.

ReputationRep:
    While I imagine the BNP commentator does want to deny the existence of homosexual couples, surely the debate that people ought to be having is whether or not schools should celebrate (Stonewall's word) different family arrangements. It doesn't seem unreasonable to me for someone to think that the state should express no opinion as to the desirability of any particular family structure, and should simply leave this question to the children to decide.
    What do you mean "celebrate"? I'm sure the BNP's definition is far different to mine - so what is yours?

I can't think of anything schools do to celebrate it, they teach that it's a normal and acceptable thing though (which I assume fulfils the BNPs definition of "celebrate" - we all know how much they love people who are different to them...).

ReputationRep:
    My sister volunteers for stonewall, and I've seen the packs and the videos.
    The BNP are, once again, vastly exaggerating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imperial maniac)
    It's a point of contention whether Homosexuality is due to nature or nurture, to blindly say one is correct is unwise until we have a greater scientific understanding.

Personally I think that nurture must play a part in sexuality, but is also influenced by genetics in some form. (pure speculation)

I was born gay/bi; I'm more effeminate than 'macho', though. With regard to nurture, I don't truly think it plays a part as my dad was always trying to get me to do Kung-Fu, lift weights and do other sporty things, usually associated with 'macho' things and whatnot. But all I'm really interested in is fashion and things like that. I can, however, knock someone out if they decide it'd be funny to try and beat me up for it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't seem unreasonable to me for someone to think that the state should express no opinion as to the desirability of any particular family structure, and should simply leave this question to the children to decide.
    As the family unit is an important sub-division of society, I have to say that "the state", or the rest of society, could reasonably have a say in what is desirable or not. This has always happened and certainly does today, with particular promotion of single-parent families as a good and ideal arrangement. Back when m+f long-term parent couples were promoted and supported by the state and society, that was the norm. Now that many alternative setups and alternative lifestyles in general are promoted and encouraged, that kind of family is becoming rarer.

ReputationRep:
    True enough, I agree the state shouldn't be promoting any family set up, but I imagine when Stonewall says celebrate it essentially means educate. In education terms "celebrating" something is one of these New Labour terms which is just another way of saying inform. It's just semantics really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pi!)
    Christ on a bicycle, people, how is it immoral to teach children that not all families are mum, dad and 2.4 kids?
    It rather depends how that is done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ItsaNameAndIUseIt)
    Before you read, these are NOT my views. It was a comment on the page.

"Has anyone else seen channel 4's "4 Thought" slots, after the news? They are disgraceful and frightening; you have mutants like transgenders trying to reason that it is alright if you are a bloke but want to walk round dressing and acting like a woman. I'm sorry but you are simply not normal and no matter how much channel 4 and all the rest of the morally degenerate liberal upper classes try to pretend that gays are women and lesbians are men and transgenders are normal, the normal heterosexual male and females deep down will not swallow it (no pun intended!!) THE CULTURAL MARXISTS AND UPPER CLASS LIBERAL DROIDS ARE TRYING TO BRAINWASH US INTO THINKING THAT THESE FAULTY SPECIMENS ARE NORMAL!!! WELL THEY AIN'T!"

Can you believe that? I was mad when I started reading it, but by the end I couldn't even take it seriously. What a moron.
    Ahaha! I saw that, and was like :lolwut: Absolute moron. He was then accusing people who had wealth as the sole reason for it all? So lesser-rich people don't have gays within their spectrum?

Sigh :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I think we should all just listen to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4a8Q...feature=fvwrel

And chill the feck out

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.