Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How do you still find time to come on TSR? Don't you go out and have fun with friends or work a little or hang out in halls (for those of you living in halls)? Yet some still live on the internet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GdotL)
    Lol I live in my double room and spend all day in bed on the internet. I'm still in my pyjamas, haven't showered, haven't done any studying and am talking to my TSR boyfriend. True stories.
    where are your friends?

ReputationRep:
    I have time because I use TSR as a tool for procrastination, much as I use facebook
    That's not to say I don't have a life in the real world. And if you're still at school, college or 6th form, I'm guessing that you will have more contact time that I do at uni. For my English course I'm only in 12 hours a week ish.

ReputationRep:
    You can say the same about ANYONE with a job/who goes to uni and facebook

ReputationRep:
    Using TSR doesn't mean you don't do anything else...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tonberry)
    You can say the same about ANYONE with a job/who goes to uni and facebook
    but im talking about tsr?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by colabottles)
    Using TSR doesn't mean you don't do anything else...
    Congrats on King's!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Girrrrrrrl.)
    where are your friends?

she hasn't got any

Because university isn't 24/7 partying as some items of propaganda would have you believe... you will spend a fair chunk of time on your PC intending to work, instead getting bored and starting to procrastinate.

Just because I use TSR doesn't mean I don't have a full social life and am incapable of talking to my housemates, you know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ch0llima)
    Because university isn't 24/7 partying as some items of propaganda would have you believe...
    Really? I think London unis may be... from experience...

ReputationRep:
    I just come on TSR whilst i'm trying to write esays (normally when i'm taking a break from said essays :p:)

ReputationRep:
    What experience?

ReputationRep:
    Because I'm horribly afraid of talking to people and as such have no friends, this includes not being involved with my housemates.

I have a job, but don't work weekends.

Must be nice being you OP.

Are you even a student yet?

One thing I really can't stand is people on here, who haven't even been to university yet, telling current and former students that their opinions about university life are incorrect. As if you would know any better.

I am on TSR while I am studying, or after if its something very important. I have a good social life too and I still find time for myself.
    Its about prioritising and time management. Like everything else in the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    I am on TSR while I am studying, or after if its something very important. I have a good social life too and I still find time for myself.
    any tips that you can give me on how to prioritize better ?

ReputationRep:
    Procrastination is the art of the extremely skillful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ch0llima)
    Are you even a student yet?

One thing I really can't stand is people on here, who haven't even been to university yet, telling current and former students that their opinions about university life are incorrect. As if you would know any better.
    Yes 1st year I'm just wondering how others (those TSRians who post daily for hours on end) still have time to? Doesn't work/social stuff get on top of you? I'm pretty sure its you telling me that my opinion of uni life is incorrect, no?

Procrastination troubles, also weekends aren't great for going out in the capital unless your loaded.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    How can you not get distracted?! :eek:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.