The Student Room Group

Aberdeen or Heriot Watt for mechanical engineering

So basically I'm from Edinburgh and I'm studying at watsons at the moment. I have had offers from Aberdeen and Heriot Watt both for the same offer. And I'm having trouble deciding where I want to go. Obviously heriot watt is really good for engineering and I think (if I work hard) could get into the field of work in which I have always wanted to enter, intellectual property. It's also in edinburgh ( well to an extent) and edinburgh is a great city. It's a great campus and I have a really good friend of mine going to heriot watt aswell.
Now generally Aberdeen is watsons second home and it's very typical of watsons pupils to go to Aberdeen and I don't want to be a sheep (lol if you get it) anyway... Aberdeen, is, in my eyes the Scottish equivalent of Cambridge, dark looking campus all that stuff, if you have been you might agree and I love it like that. It has a great new library old buildings (which I have always been a fan of) a great gym that's really cheap and obviously the student life is great. So in really struggling even as I am reading this Aberdeen seems the obvious choice but then I'm giving up a great uni just to be a sheep and go to Aberdeen. My parents want me to do this as soon as possible so that I can apply for halls quicker, but I'm having real trouble deciding. Any help that could make me want to scrap one completely and go to the other? or any past experience? Cheers bros. Ps sorry for the length.
(edited 13 years ago)
Visit both universities before you decide.
Reply 2
Original post by Smack

Original post by Smack
Visit both universities before you decide.

Yeah I have, twice for each one.

Quick Reply

Latest