Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Is it only one person per household who has to do it, or does everyone over the age of 18 need to??

I live with my mum and only she has filled it in, so I'm not sure whether I need to as well.
    Every household gets one form, but there's a section that each person over 16 should fill out. Presumably your mum has filled in your section for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xKTx)
    It has to be filled in for everyone, even children. Altho obviously it's not going to take long for them!
    Is this just children over 16? Because I've never filled in one in my life before. Well, I don't think I have anyway :dontknow:

(Original post by Psyk)
    Every household gets one form, but there's a section that each person over 16 should fill out. Presumably your mum has filled in your section for you.
    Yeah, maybe she has. I'll go ask her to check then :yep:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Is this just children over 16? Because I've never filled in one in my life before. Well, I don't think I have anyway :dontknow:

Yeah, maybe she has. I'll go ask her to check then :yep:
    Children under 16 still need to be accounted for, but not the whole form (it's not like they're likely to have employment history!). The only exception is children in boarding school

ReputationRep:
    I think if you're under 16 a parent is supposed to fill it in. And they're every 10 years so you wouldn't have filled one in before.

I'm not completely sure about the age thing. I think I read it somewhere, but I'm not sure. Everyone's info has to be filled in regardless of age, I'm just not sure on who is supposed to fill it in. Maybe it doesn't really matter who does it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xKTx)
    Children under 16 still need to be accounted for, but not the whole form (it's not like they're likely to have employment history!). The only exception is children in boarding school

(Original post by Psyk)
    I think if you're under 16 a parent is supposed to fill it in. And they're every 10 years so you wouldn't have filled one in before.

I'm not completely sure about the age thing. I think I read it somewhere, but I'm not sure. Everyone's info has to be filled in regardless of age, I'm just not sure on who is supposed to fill it in. Maybe it doesn't really matter who does it.
    Alright, thanks :yy:

ReputationRep:
    A. It is so useless as a demographic tool for that the Govt have indicated there probably won't be another one. They can get all the info they need off medical records, tax records, loyalty cards, etc.
    B. The company handling the data is Lockheed Martin, a US company, who are subject to the US patriot Act which makes them responsible for handing all data they have over to the US Government.
    C. The CEO of Lockheed Martin has gone on record saying that it was his company's ambition to "know everything about everyone on the planet."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    A. It is so useless as a demographic tool for that the Govt have indicated there probably won't be another one. They can get all the info they need off medical records, tax records, loyalty cards, etc.
    B. The company handling the data is Lockheed Martin, a US company, who are subject to the US patriot Act which makes them responsible for handing all data they have over to the US Government.
    C. The CEO of Lockheed Martin has gone on record saying that it was his company's ambition to "know everything about everyone on the planet."
    (Original post by CurlyBen)
    Lockheed Martin developed the data acquisition system, i.e. the equipment and software that processes the forms. The actual data processing is carried out by British companies (link). Therefore LM don't have access to the data, and so the Patriot Act is irrelevant.

Does it feel good being so paranoid about the government?

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was gonna be really long but it's actually quite quick and easy. I lied a bit to skip questions tho!

ReputationRep:
    It's not like it takes hardly any time, and it is useful to the Government.

Am I the only one who wrote (paper copy) "this answer is left intentionally blank, too" in the space under the question which says "this question is left intentionally blank". Because it gave me the giggles :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Many funding decisions are based on it, such as allocating health service money, so it's worth filling it in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by History-Student)
    Does it feel good being so paranoid about the government?
    Do you feel gullible swallowing that propaganda.
    LM are subject to the patriot act. A Tory MP is so concerned he's tabled a question about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BookWormShanti)

Am I the only one who wrote (paper copy) "this answer is left intentionally blank, too" in the space under the question which says "this question is left intentionally blank". Because it gave me the giggles :lol:

It isn't blank in Wales.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    Do you feel gullible swallowing that propaganda.
    LM are subject to the patriot act. A Tory MP is so concerned he's tabled a question about it.
    So one MP says something about it, that makes it true. You sound proper paranoid.

Even if they are subject to the Patriot Act who cares; there's nothing useful in the census. What the **** do I care if they know where I live, a thousand other organisations know that, it's hardly a secret. Everything else in it is so unimportant I can't see any conceivable use for it, so they can have that too.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by BookWormShanti)

That question asks Welsh people what proficiency they have in Welsh (speaking, writing, none) - to make it easier to put the two sets of data together, there was a gap on the English one

ReputationRep:
    It's about you.

It's not long at all, it took 5 minutes, anyone who says it's long is an idiot.

It allows the govt. to get an idea of the demographics of the country, which assists them in divvying out resources. From a solidarity point of view, censuses make it easier for historians of the future to examine the society at this time, giving them a better reference for examining the period.

Seriously though, it takes 5 minutes, it doesn't ask for anything I at least would have a problem giving out to the govt. anyway, and if you don't do it you get a fine. Why would you not do it?

I'm doing it for 8 people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Destroyviruses)
    I'm doing it for 8 people!
    Well then that might take a little longer than 5 minutes. Why are you doing it for 8 people?

ReputationRep:
    Well then that might take a little longer than 5 minutes. Why are you doing it for 8 people?
    Family, they are too lazy and I'd rather not have them fiddling with my computer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Destroyviruses)
    Family, they are too lazy and I'd rather not have them fiddling with my computer!
    Ah fair enough.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.