Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    k time you shut up tbh. thanks.
    :rolleyes: wow thanks for the input, if i wanted advice from you id actually ask for it

ReputationRep:
    A fiery red-head. Just like Queen Boudicca was. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    no just throughly pissed off with arrogant *******s

ReputationRep:
    I miss you.

ReputationRep:
    awwww

ReputationRep:
    It's interesting that this week began with the shocking article confirming attitudes towards rape in The Times and ends with the death of a man who:

• Abused his wife
    • Abused his own body through drink
    • Indulged in reckless and casual sex
    • Failed in his role as a father
    • Squandered countless opportunities, both financial and emotional- especially the wasted liver transplant he was given
    Now, what concerns me is that this man died this afternoon and was pronounced a hero. Indeed, George Best is one of those pariah like figures whoses weaknesses become their strengths. Whilst we look on at the world of Islam, and point our little fingers and condemn we should think of our world and our warped morality. Because the death of George Best proves the sexism and prejudices still evident in our society, it proves the lack of foundation upon which the morality of our nation lies. We look on the news, and wonder why a man in Palestine wants to blow himself up. And rightfully so. But tonight, I only wondered why this w*nker was headline news.

ReputationRep:
    bravo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomcoolinguk)
    But tonight, I only wondered why this w*nker was headline news.
    :dito:

Do we really want the youth of our society looking up to him as some kind of role model? The prospect seems frightening IMO.

ReputationRep:
    bravo x2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trigger)
    bravo x2
    What else goes with that?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomcoolinguk)
    It's interesting that this week began with the shocking article confirming attitudes towards rape in The Times and ends with the death of a man who:

• Abused his wife
    • Abused his own body through drink
    • Indulged in reckless and casual sex
    • Failed in his role as a father
    • Squandered countless opportunities, both financial and emotional- especially the wasted liver transplant he was given
    Now, what concerns me is that this man died this afternoon and was pronounced a hero. Indeed, George Best is one of those pariah like figures whoses weaknesses become their strengths. Whilst we look on at the world of Islam, and point our little fingers and condemn we should think of our world and our warped morality. Because the death of George Best proves the sexism and prejudices still evident in our society, it proves the lack of foundation upon which the morality of our nation lies. We look on the news, and wonder why a man in Palestine wants to blow himself up. And rightfully so. But tonight, I only wondered why this w*nker was headline news.
    I have just given rep, but you are on my list for tomorrow.

I like football, but I have as much respect for footballers as I have for anyone else. My respect must be earnt. Kicking a ball does not earn respect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susiemakemeblue)
    I have just given rep, but you are on my list for tomorrow.

I like football, but I have as much respect for footballers as I have for anyone else. My respect must be earnt. Kicking a ball does not earn respect.
    Makes sense coming from a girl who encourages suicide towards people with depression

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MNBStyle)
    Makes sense coming from a girl who encourages suicide towards people with depression
    Makes more sense than you would if your life depended on making sense.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't read the thread but my own thoughts on the matter are - its his own fault that hes kicked the bucket so early, and I don't personally see why theres so much mourning or coverage in the media for a football player and a drunk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    I haven't read the thread but my own thoughts on the matter are - its his own fault that hes kicked the bucket so early, and I don't personally see why theres so much mourning or coverage in the media for a football player and a drunk.
    Precisely.

Barring a few goals for England, what good did he ever do for society?

ReputationRep:
    umm...he was Irish....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    umm...he was Irish....
    Sorry, I was brought up believing that all Irish people are called O'Connor or Murphy. :p:

ReputationRep:
    aren't you meant to be watching your warning points hunni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    aren't you meant to be watching your warning points hunni?
    I know, but I'm quite drunk!

I will attempt to redeem myself by saying that many people I went to school with (Catholic school, predominantly Irish) were called O'Connor or Murphy.

Oh, and Mahoney. The guy I met tonight who went to my school was called Mahoney.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.