Turn on thread page Beta

Who wants an anti-anti-cuts demo? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    I hope those protestors quickly realise that cuts are neccessary and that we need them to progress in the long term for a better future. If we didn't do any cuts and went along thinking everything is fine, in the future it would hit us very hard. However I do not agree with the cuts to some vital things, such as the police and NHS.
    cuts are not necessasry.

this does not mean that i think everything is fine.

tory cuts mean unemployment Increases, Inflation Increases, wages Decrease, economic growth Decreases.

Investment and a planned economy means enemployment Decreases, Infaltion decreases, wages increase, and growth increases.

thats why you don't need to make nurses loose their jobs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stanley Baldwin)
    Who is up for it? I am frankly sickened by these idiots who think that by smashing windows and attacking the police that somehow this validates their argument. How wrong, how stupid and just how little are these people after today's events? Indeed, stupid Miliband will stress it was a 'minority' that were involved (bull****, did you see that street?).

It seems that by provoking a protest on the lines of the Poll Tax riots, Labour are to blame for today.

I hope that Cameron passes a new law banning these demonstrations, and firmly attacks these idiots in the Commons and blames Miliband for it.

So who wants to organise an anti-anti-cuts demonstration? Instead of attacking Conservative party HQ, we will firebomb and destroy Labour's HQ. Hey, if they can do it to them, we can do it to Labour. And we will also attack any pro-Labour business that we come across. This, again, is in line with what these anti-government people are doing to pro-government businesses. So if they can do it, why not us?

Who is up for it? Our line shall be "Reality is King!", as well as "I am NOT with stupid. I know economics...and that debt is a bad thing!".
    We live in a Democracy. Democracy entitles us to have our say, and we always have the right to demonstrate, protest, march etc. If you want rid of that, that's the line of Fascist and Dictatorial States. If you want that, go live in said states.

Its our right. Granted, there's a line, but crossing it is sometimes only the way to have it's objectives achieved. You can't get rid of it, and to even think of it, there'd be a riot against it.

Also, what would blaming Labour achieve? We can't blame the Anarchists, we can't blame the protesters; its their prerogative as much as its yours to slate them.

Then again, that's just my two cents. You're likely to disagree, but there will never be the cast off of freedom of speech and demonstration. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    i already said that i didn't agree with that and this part of my post was in reference to OP wanting to ban any kind of demonstration.
    Oh right didn't see that I agree with you - people should keep their right to protest. However, protesting should not include violence (whether against the police, other people, or buildings).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tripleeagle)
    Oh right didn't see that I agree with you - people should keep their right to protest. However, protesting should not include violence (whether against the police, other people, or buildings).
    no i agree, tbh i think most of the people rioting were idiots who just went along to smash stuff, you know, using it as an excuse.

ReputationRep:
    Who is up for it? I am frankly sickened by these idiots who think that by smashing windows and attacking the police that somehow this validates their argument. How wrong, how stupid and just how little are these people after today's events? Indeed, stupid Miliband will stress it was a 'minority' that were involved (bull****, did you see that street?).

It seems that by provoking a protest on the lines of the Poll Tax riots, Labour are to blame for today.

I hope that Cameron passes a new law banning these demonstrations, and firmly attacks these idiots in the Commons and blames Miliband for it.

So who wants to organise an anti-anti-cuts demonstration? Instead of attacking Conservative party HQ, we will firebomb and destroy Labour's HQ. Hey, if they can do it to them, we can do it to Labour. And we will also attack any pro-Labour business that we come across. This, again, is in line with what these anti-government people are doing to pro-government businesses. So if they can do it, why not us?

Who is up for it? Our line shall be "Reality is King!", as well as "I am NOT with stupid. I know economics...and that debt is a bad thing!".
    There are so many things wrong with this post I can't even fathom how to reply, but I will attempt.

1. Yes it was a MINORITY that were involved. There were at least 250,000 peaceful protesters, and that was when they stopped counting hours before the last people were marching. There were between 500-700 violent protesters. Learn to do maths.

2. "Along the lines of the poll tax riots"? Please read up on what the poll tax was and just exactly how violent the poll tax riots were.

3. You hope Cameron passes a law outlawing demonstrations? I think a guy in Germany in the 1930s had that idea, perhaps read up on him a bit.

4. This was not a pro-Labour march, just because some labour politicians obviously used it for their own political gain. But hey, people would have protested if Labour did the same thing, because this was about POLICY not PARTY.

5. "Reality is King"? I'm sure behind your plush velvet curtains of upper class pleasantries you don't have to see the REALITY of anyone's grandma being given one bath every two weeks because of cuts to Social Services, decent citizens getting fired from their jobs, local swimming pools and libraries shutting down and illiterate children.

It's hard to put into words how little respect I have for people like you, and I hope one day you'll learn just how wrong you are.

ReputationRep:
    The whole principle of these protests annoys me. Cuts need to be made. Labour's fault, not the tories. Nuff said.

ReputationRep:

Considering how many people were on the demo, I think it's fairly obvious that it was a tiny minority involved in the violence. I have friends who were on the demo who didn't even hear about the violence until they got home and saw it on the news. Banning demonstrations is not the way to go, at all, it's one of the stupidest ideas I've heard.

ReputationRep:
    Why would Cameron pass a law banning demonstrations, he's spent the last 3 months patting everyone on the back saying how great it is that people in Tunisia, Egypt, and Libya are on the streets. Even when they've turned violent and taken up arms against the state such as in Libya he's still congratulated them.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2011
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.