Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im not sure which to take onto A2, psychology is fairly easy and getting an A shouldnt be that hard but getting the same for history would be a nightmare. I got a B for history in jan and a D for psychology (i dont know what happend, most people got Ds or below and im going to retake it). I heard history gets a lot harder at A2 due to coursework and such and im not that good at writing essays either. Will i still have a chance of getting into a med school (not the top ones) with A2 Bio,chem n psychology? Min grades of AAA, hopefully an A* in bio.

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanz_a93)
    Im not sure which to take onto A2, psychology is fairly easy and getting an A shouldnt be that hard but getting the same for history would be a nightmare. I got a B for history in jan and a D for psychology (i dont know what happend, most people got Ds or below and im going to retake it). I heard history gets a lot harder at A2 due to coursework and such and im not that good at writing essays either. Will i still have a chance of getting into a med school (not the top ones) with A2 Bio,chem n psychology? Min grades of AAA, hopefully an A* in bio.
    I take both...but depends on which you enjoy the most - psychology personally makes me want to smash my head repeatedly on the table... and the history cw's not too bad btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kel2693)
    I take both...but depends on which you enjoy the most - psychology personally makes me want to smash my head repeatedly on the table... and the history cw's not too bad btw
    How hard is it to get an A in history at A2? And which is harder, psychology or history at A2? I personally find history abit more interesting than psychology but i suck at constructing good essays all im good at is cramming vast amounts of info.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanz_a93)
    How hard is it to get an A in history at A2? And which is harder, psychology or history at A2? I personally find history abit more interesting than psychology but i suck at constructing good essays all im good at is cramming vast amounts of info.
    Getting an A depends i suppose, if you enjoy the subject and have a good teacher then i dont see why it isnt do-able... i know its tempting to say that psychology is an easy A but then History is generally a more respected qualification. imo i think the ocr exam board for history makes getting the A slightly difficult- their mark schemes are just unbelievable with so many contradictions on what they are actually lookin for! im doing the coursework atm and the word limit of 2000 words per essay is ridiculous - no 10% margin and they will literally cross out anything over... but you will need to construct good essays in both subjects so i wouldnt make that part of your decision - as A2 psychology has none of the shorter AS questions its just 1 essay question per topic (on AQA A anyway!). Anyway you say you are good at cramming info which is needed for history - as in psych you can get away with being a bit vague on the studies etc ... So i would say take whichever you prefer...i think a lot of it depends on your teacher and lessons...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 27, 2011

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.