Turn on thread page Beta

Government allowing homosexual propaganda in schools. watch

ReputationRep:
    The Government are allowing packs from homosexual charity Stonewall that teach 'acceptance'. These packs teach kids as young as 5 to engage in and condone homosexual activity. This is barbaric population control under the guise of 'acceptance'.

http://www.bnp.org.uk/news/homosexua...ren-young-five

ReputationRep:
    Oh BNP.

I am not going to click that and am going to ignore this thread as best as I can.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds pretty gay

ReputationRep:
    that age is a bit young don't you think? just let them have a normal childhood ffs

ReputationRep:
    You couldn't find a less controversial source?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Orange)
    that age is a bit young don't you think? just let them have a normal childhood ffs
    Is it damaging to teach them at such a young age?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you should encourage anybody to be straight or gay, especially children who are very suggestible. Just tell them that either is OK and let them choose naturally.

As a side note: never link a BNP article. just don't :facepalm:

EDIT: It only took one line of that article for the BNP to use the word 'brainwash' for about the billionth time. Any view that opposes their own is apparently only existent due to 'brainwashing'. Bloody BNP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    Is it damaging to teach them at such a young age?
    yes because they are gullible

wait until they are older so they can make their own decisions

ReputationRep:
    can't agree with teaching them at such a young age....

but see nothing wrong with teaching students to be accepting of everyone....

I personally wouldn't go near that topic before secondary school though.....cos no child is aware of those things before then and we should just let them grow up and have a normal childhood

ReputationRep:
    yes because they are gullible

wait until they are older so they can make their own decisions
    So does that mean you feel that people ought not to teach their children any kind of morality until the children are older?

ReputationRep:
    Whatever happened to letting kids find out about such things by themselves? I don't understand why the government are pushing this, it's needless and a waste of money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapezium)
    The Government are allowing packs from homosexual charity Stonewall that teach 'acceptance'. These packs teach kids as young as 5 to engage in and condone homosexual activity. This is barbaric population control under the guise of 'acceptance'.

http://www.bnp.org.uk/news/homosexua...ren-young-five
    Well count yourself lucky that you only got the 'ignorance' pack then.

ReputationRep:
    So does that mean you feel that people ought not to teach their children any kind of morality until the children are older?
    no

how is this about morality? this is about an alternative lifestyle you eejit

ReputationRep:
    I fail to see how morality concerns this. Ok, so accepting that some people may bat for the other team is the moral choice as opposed to hating on them, but I thought that would actually be common sense instead of morality.

ReputationRep:
    Of course tolerance on all levels is a good thing, and fine teach children about homosexuality but I dont think 5 year olds are old enough to care about it to be honest. Surely it would be better to give this information to young teenagers.

ReputationRep:
    I could neg rep but its effort to feed cookies to trolls :/

ReputationRep:
    In fact I agree with the stance of the OP; I don't see why materials promoting homosexuality should be mandatory. In the article (which I doubt many of you will read), it talks about allowing boys to dress up in girly clothes and to take up cheerleading. This should be accepted because it is a positive choice made by the children rather than an imposition. (let's leave aside that it might not necessarily be related to gayness). However it also talks about several books where homosexual relationships are directly substituted for heterosexual ones. That is promotion and in my opinion is gratuitous, unnecessary and likely to oversex children.

On the whole I think there is no need for books to address issues like that for primary school children. Children only develop their outward sexuality during secondary school, whose libraries rightly contain books with which gay kids might identify.

Disclaimer: I like willies.

ReputationRep:
    no

how is this about morality? this is about an alternative lifestyle you eejit
    What are the relevant differences between letting a child decide on moral issues and letting them decide on this issue?

Scenario A:
    I teach a 5 year old to accept the decision of my best friend who considers himself to be homosexual (even though I don't believe in homosexuality) to be open about it, and say I don't see why my five year old ought to condemn my best friend because of his [perceived] sexuality.
    Obviously I wouldn't put my points across in that manner if it were a 5 year old, but for ease of argument I'm articulating myself in a slightly more sophisticated manner.

Scenario B:
    I tell my child that it's wrong to hurt someone just because they're ugly, and they ought not to hurt that person.

Would you argue that I would be wrong to act in the manner shown in scenario A but not B?
    If so, what are the relevant differences?

I fail to see why I deserve to be called an idiot; just because you don't see the [not really that] subtle manner at which I'm approaching the matter, it does not mean you should presuppose that you know where I'm taking the debate.

ReputationRep:
    What are the relevant differences between letting a child decide on moral issues and letting them decide on this issue?

Scenario A:
    I teach a 5 year old to accept the decision of my best friend who considers himself to be homosexual (even though I don't believe in homosexuality) to be open about it, and say I don't see why my five year old ought to condemn my best friend because of his [perceived] sexuality.
    Obviously I wouldn't put my points across in that manner if it were a 5 year old, but for ease of argument I'm articulating myself in a slightly more sophisticated manner.

Scenario B:
    I tell my child that it's wrong to hurt someone just because they're ugly, and they ought not to hurt that person.

Would you argue that I would be wrong to act in the manner shown in scenario A but not B?
    If so, what are the relevant differences?

I fail to see why I deserve to be called an idiot; just because you don't see the [not really that] subtle manner at which I'm approaching the matter, it does not mean you should presuppose that you know where I'm taking the debate.
    i can't believe i read that and tried to make sense of it

utter tosh

ReputationRep:
    Stating that this programme is propaganda, is propaganda in itself.

And thanks for the link, I haven't visited the British Nazi Party's laughable website in a long time. ^^

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.