Turn on thread page Beta

Insuring a restricted bike? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I recently passed my restricted test and want to get a Yamaha XJ600.. Is it the same price to insure a restricted bike and a non-restricted bike? And how do you tell gocompare/mcn that its restricted? Because I cant find restrictions under the modifications?
    Thankssss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amt250)
    I recently passed my restricted test and want to get a Yamaha XJ600.. Is it the same price to insure a restricted bike and a non-restricted bike? And how do you tell gocompare/mcn that its restricted? Because I cant find restrictions under the modifications?
    Thankssss

Stupidly it's the same price...

Whenever i do it online i don't mention it but when i have mentioned it on the phone to insurance companies they say it doesn't matter...

They should be able to work out if you're restricted by when you did your test/age etc.

ReputationRep:
    its normally the same price, get a quote without stating the restriction, then just ring the company on the phone and tell them its restricted, in accordance with your license

ReputationRep:
    I did the same thing with my bike. I passed on an rs 125, then got that de-restricted, and about a month after insured a restricted(33bhp) triumph speed four. There's no option on the online sites as i dont think they take into account that its restricted, they just insure it as a full power bike price wise but obviously state on the insurance doc that its restricted.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.