Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i hope to study law at uni and i'm making my 6th year choices and was considering advanced higher modern studies, because in some prospectus i've been looking at, they prefer advanced highers in arts/social science subjects and i'm a predicted A for higher.

anyone who has done it before, how big is the step up?

also, my teacher said she'd teach it off timetable as my school doesn't offer it as a class, which means it would be quite awkward (i think i'm the only one who wants to do it?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Which universities have you been looking to apply for, out of interest?
    not really sure yet, only got the glasgow prospectus so far but edinburgh and dundee seem nice too!

the glasgow prospectus says ''applicants are encouraged, where possible, to study advanced highers in arts/social science subjects in sixth year'' so just going by that

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.