Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am studying for my AS levels atm (maths, physics, chemistry and business studies). I got 4 A's in my January modules and hope for 4 A's overall for AS. at the end of this year im planning on dropping business studies.

My school doesnt offer further maths currently but there is alot of interest in doing it in my year so we might be able to do further pure 1 and m2 in january next year while continuing with my maths alevel seperatly.

That would give me an AS in FM. (this year i will have done c1 c2 m2 and will be doing c3 in jan next year and c4 and s1 june 2012 for my maths a level).

Would i have a problem doing FP1 before C4 while im still learning the content of C3? would i need to study the content of c3/c4 independently before i start fp1?

(ccea exam board)

ReputationRep:
    No, AS Further Maths is designed to be studied alongside AS Maths, so if you have the AS Maths knowledge, you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 101209123098)
    I am studying for my AS levels atm (maths, physics, chemistry and business studies). I got 4 A's in my January modules and hope for 4 A's overall for AS. at the end of this year im planning on dropping business studies.

My school doesnt offer further maths currently but there is alot of interest in doing it in my year so we might be able to do further pure 1 and m2 in january next year while continuing with my maths alevel seperatly.

That would give me an AS in FM. (this year i will have done c1 c2 m2 and will be doing c3 in jan next year and c4 and s1 june 2012 for my maths a level).

Would i have a problem doing FP1 before C4 while im still learning the content of C3? would i need to study the content of c3/c4 independently before i start fp1?
    If your exam board is Edexcel, FP1 is only based on C1 and C2 so you don't need to worry about C3. You'll need C3 for M2 though. I'm not sure if this is the case for other exam boards though.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 26, 2011
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.