Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am wondering whether I can pretend when i'm on a car insurance that i have had my driving license for more than 1 year when in fact i have only held it for 2 months?

ReputationRep:
    I'd say most likely not. And depends on your age.

ReputationRep:
    You can pretend anything that you want, but no.

ReputationRep:
    Do it mate. DO IT.

Tell us how it goes for you after.

ReputationRep:
    Well, physically, you can, but you shouldn't. That would be silly.

ReputationRep:
    This wouldn't be fronting, it would be good old fashioned fraud.

You'd probably be found out before the inception of the cover, because a lot of companies reserve the right to check driver details with the DVLA.

If you were found out following an incident, you would not only be done for driving without insurance, but also could be liable to fraud charges. Although it might seem like the benefit outweighs the risk at the moment (which it doesn't), you'll feel very stupid in a few years time when the price has come down, and you're having to keep defrauding them and effectively driving without cover simply to avoid being found out retrospectively.

ReputationRep:
    lol!! i remember when my dad called the insurance company on behalf of me because i am hearing impaired.. they asked my dad all my personal details, after the while doing the computer input and checks they said i can see 'he just passed recently' - my dad didnt even mentioned how long i was driving so they got everything on the computer i believe so it is impossible to cheat with insurance company.. i would advise you not to think about doing it..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    I'd say most likely not. And depends on your age.
    how'd you mean?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by TheFatController)
    This wouldn't be fronting, it would be good old fashioned fraud.

You'd probably be found out before the inception of the cover, because a lot of companies reserve the right to check driver details with the DVLA.

If you were found out following an incident, you would not only be done for driving without insurance, but also could be liable to fraud charges. Although it might seem like the benefit outweighs the risk at the moment (which it doesn't), you'll feel very stupid in a few years time when the price has come down, and you're having to keep defrauding them and effectively driving without cover simply to avoid being found out retrospectively.
    This.
    They also wont pay a penny in the event of an accident if they find out your lying and the insurance is invalid.
    Lying to them would be stupid anyway.

ReputationRep:
    then your insurance would be void if when you have a crash, meaning that you will nto get any money from the crash (regardless of who is at fault), and you would have to cover the cost of the 3rd party.
    you will also then get charged with driving withought insurance, which i do belive is a ban.

in short, dont do it, tis a silly idea.

ReputationRep:
    don't lie

Well this is the guy that supposedly lost his license yesterday for driving around uninsured, and now that he's banned, we can safely assume it's another troll.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Well this is the guy that supposedly lost his license yesterday for driving around uninsured, and now that he's banned, we can safely assume it's another troll.
    Indeed mate.. He made a stupid mistake for not getting a cover for his car and now he have to start all over again..

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.