Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm studying the Tsarist Russia 1855-1917 and my exam board is AQA.
    Now I have finished my course at school, I'm currently revising for my June Exam.
    I need some help on this exam question;
    "Explain the consequences of the abolition of Serfdom" (12 Marks)
    "It was better to abolish serfdom from above rather than wait until it abolishes itself from below" How fare do you agree with this view (24 Marks)
    My teacher advised me to write 3 factors for the 12 marker and 3 factors for and against for the 24 marker. However I'm not sure what are the factors for the 12 marker becuase in the textbook (Sally Walker endorsed by AQA) it says that not all serfs benefits ect but what other consequences are there?
    Please help!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm studying the Tsarist Russia 1855-1917 and my exam board is AQA.
    Now I have finished my course at school, I'm currently revising for my June Exam.
    I need some help on this exam question;
    "Explain the consequences of the abolition of Serfdom" (12 Marks)
    "It was better to abolish serfdom from above rather than wait until it abolishes itself from below" How fare do you agree with this view (24 Marks)
    My teacher advised me to write 3 factors for the 12 marker and 3 factors for and against for the 24 marker. However I'm not sure what are the factors for the 12 marker becuase in the textbook (Sally Walker endorsed by AQA) it says that not all serfs benefits ect but what other consequences are there?
    Please help!
    1- less likely to revolt and cause a revolution - Tsars were able to control and mobilise the work force to their advantage whilst giving them their 'freedom'
    2- land was given to Serfs - redemption fees ect
    3- lead to an increase in urban popualtion - Russia's economy started to shift from rural to urban.

that's how I'd look at it but I do OCR so it may not be much help!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.