Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hiya

Ive met a girl on a night out and we exchanged facebook's, we really got on well and I want to add her on facebook, is there anything that i can say on the personal message thing on facebook when i add her, so i dont seem like some randomer, something like

"Hiya _______ This is ________ we met the other night, just wanted to say hi how are you? x"

or something like that?

ReputationRep:
    Add her, but bon't private message her straight away (I mean, you wan't to seem chilled right? Insta-messaging her after she accepts won't give that impression).

You could also ask something slightly more open ended than "how are you?"

GL!

ReputationRep:
    dont put a message!!

(Original post by Helicopter)
    Add her, but bon't private message her straight away (I mean, you wan't to seem chilled right? Insta-messaging her after she accepts won't give that impression).

You could also ask something slightly more open ended than "how are you?"

GL!
    No I meant theres like a personal message that you can add to your friend request, put something there??

ReputationRep:
    Hm. Maybe it's personal, but I always think 'how are you?' seems a little contrived. Maybe an alternative like 'hey, it's X, what's up?'. Dunno, still feels a little weird. I probably wouldn't write anything myself, but then I'm not much of a facebook-er.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't write a little message might come across as too keen.

ReputationRep:
    Just add her and then shoot her a smooth PM, something like "hey baby, how you doin'?"

ReputationRep:
    i wouldn't write anything in that, i dont think many people even read that message, or actually write a message in that box, just add her and then once she has answered post something simple like "hey, how are you" if it was on a night out that you met her then ask her how the rest of her night was on her wall
    Hope that helps =]

ReputationRep:
    Don't write a message with the add. If you already exchanged facebooks, then she knows who you are.
    I've never really met anyone who uses that message attached to add thing anyway.

ReputationRep:
    People really over-think on Facebook. Message her to say hi.

Then ask for dirty pictures. Girls love confidence.

Mad props to whoever thought I was serious on that point. You're not just thinking outside the box, you're in a totally different building to the box. Keep on truckin'

ReputationRep:
    just add her and wait ... Good luck

yh i didnt bother with the message i just added her, now gona wait for the add lol

ReputationRep:
    Poke her, and then when she pokes back say '**** facebook lets poke for real'

GL

ReputationRep:
    No 'x', please god no 'x' at the end.

ReputationRep:
    What you wrote right there seems perfectly acceptable to me. Why over-think these kinds of things? They don't really matter.

ReputationRep:
    Just post on her wall something like "Hey, it was nice meeting you the other night. How are you?"

ReputationRep:
    Add her then she don't accept add her again and put a message.

ReputationRep:
    Add and then Facebook Chat is the way forward

(Original post by Swarley Stinson)
    People really over-think on Facebook. Message her to say hi.

Then ask for dirty pictures. Girls love confidence.

Mad props to whoever thought I was serious on that point. You're not just thinking outside the box, you're in a totally different building to the box. Keep on truckin'
    + Rep for the edit :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ufo_01)
    Add her then she don't accept add her again and put a message.
    If she declines it, which I doubt she would by the sounds of it, then the worst idea is to re-add her.

OP, just ask her how her night was etc, don't think too much into it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bektas)
    No 'x', please god no 'x' at the end.
    alright calm down love, why not?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.