Turn on thread page Beta
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Out of all those mentioned so far, the 106 is probably the best driver's car; it's a great little chassis. Kas are also surprisingly good. MuvverRussia is right; don't modify, avoid 4WD Japanese cars if you ever want affordable insurance...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Barman)
    Nah i saw something completely off the hook when i was out cruising on Friday in Aberdeen. It looked like the body off an old skyline, but it was a cross between an EVO and a Scooby and something else. Pure black, no badges, BIG spoiler, dump valve, induction kit for sure and an engine that sounded like a Mclaren lol. Lol me and my mate tried to race it up Union Street(main road in Abdn) in a tuned cavi 2l Sri and lol surprize it ate bthe road up and flew away....Literally!!
    is ur m8 millar from elgin by ne chance?

ReputationRep:
    get a micra they're the best

ReputationRep:
    get a mk3 golf for around 2500,

spend 500 kitting it up, like a good sound system etc

there u go.............sorted

ReputationRep:
    too late just got a clio 1.4 - x reg for 4k. not a bad deal

ReputationRep:
    hope you got an insurance quote before you bought it. not a fan of clios myself or anything french!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malledo)
    I have £3000 to spend on a car. What do people think i should get.

Cars within reason that is!!!!
    vw golf gti

ReputationRep:
    too late just got a clio 1.4 - x reg for 4k. not a bad deal
    what have you had to pay for insurance??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    what have you had to pay for insurance??
    600 quid
    • Answer Heroes
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Answer Heroes
    PS Reviewer
    600 quid
    3rd party fire and theft? or fully comp?

Or insured as a second driver (which is on very dodgy grounds legally and a false economy in the end - early NCB is worth far more than paying the extra for a couple of yrs)

ReputationRep:
    i want a peugot 206 cc! ssoooooooooo bad! iv got a weekness 4 206's im afraid! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    not a fan of clios myself or anything french!
    omg how cud u say...
    thierry henry...va va voom
    mmmmmmmmmm

ReputationRep:
    With 3k get yourself a VW polo or something. I learnt getting a fast car when age 17 isnt always the best idea, just get something basic which you can learn in.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a Seat Ibiza at the mo', which I love. My next car is going to be a Golf, but I cant afford a new car for a few years yet. My bf said we will run my car into the ground first... he never mentioned his car... charming :mad:

ReputationRep:
    get one of the old minis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kokopops)
    omg how cud u say...
    thierry henry...va va voom
    mmmmmmmmmm
    oh id ride henry any day but a clio? ew no. my ex had one they're awful. she changed it for a civic, much better.

ReputationRep:
    600 quid
    That sounds extrememly cheap - I'm insured on my mum's W reg Ford Fiesta 1.25 (don't have my own car) fully comp and its costing about £500 a year...

And I've been driving for a year and a half (and not had a claim at all).

ReputationRep:
    for me on a 1 litre micra would be £700 fully comp in my name. driving for 2 years (no crashes) but no no claims coz im insured in mothers name, simply because it costs 250 quid for four people to be insured on it in her name, coz she has 300 years no claims.

ReputationRep:
    Who are you insured with Chicken I was £525 fully comp as a learner with me as the first named driver last year with one of the cheaper insurance companies for young people. Obviously I'm older but I'm under 25 so it wouldnt be that much more expensive for you surely. Some of my friends spend tons on car insurance simply because they cant be arsed to shop around. That was the cheapest quote I had the most expensive was more than £2500

I wouldnt get a peugeot 106, I got an R reg one last year cos nearly £3000 and it was that unreliable that I had to trade it in within 6 months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    I wouldnt get a peugeot 106, I got an R reg one last year cos nearly £3000 and it was that unreliable that I had to trade it in within 6 months.
    Then you got a bad one. What was wrong with it? Who did you buy it from? Do you know how to take care of a car?

Wzz is right, they're fantastic little cars, and easily the best supermini currently available if you want to enjoy driving and learn how to drive well. They've got excellent adjustable little chassis.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.