Turn on thread page Beta

Why don't they shoot anarchists with rubber bullets?? watch

ReputationRep:
    They know they're going to be there, why didnt they just shoot them with rubber bullets??

It wouldnt take much effort, you could hit them from far away and they wouldnt do it again..... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    i think these things are a GREAT idea, but they can cause ALOT of damage if they hit someone in the head/hit them in the chest a bit hard

ReputationRep:
    cos they ****ING HURT....

which means some bed wetting pansy will deciede they are going to sue the already cash-strapped police for hundreds of thousands......

ReputationRep:
    why stop at rubber bullets? western countries are far too soft on some people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f00ddude)
    why stop at rubber bullets? western countries are far too soft on some people
    Yeah you're right, they should have cracked out the gatling guns and mown down the whole lot of them. How dare they protest in a democratic country!

ReputationRep:
    Bean bag bullets are safer tbh

my solution is: tear gas, 8 bar fire hoses, LRAD, batons, taser shotgun rounds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackspur)
    How dare they protest in a democratic country!
    They wasn't protesting, unless you consider me throwing a brick through your window as I walk down your road, 'protesting'?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Yeah you're right, they should have cracked out the gatling guns and mown down the whole lot of them. How dare they protest in a democratic country!
    Get out you hippy.

Roll in the tanks.

Police MOFO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by london12)
    They wasn't protesting, unless you consider me throwing a brick through your window as I walk down your road, 'protesting'?
    If you did that, I would have to protest at your actions

ReputationRep:
    Bean bag bazooka would be my weapon of choice, but the bags hurt really really bad.

ReputationRep:
    lol, there would be so many compensation claims.

ReputationRep:
    im talking about the people that start randomly smashing stuff up. thats not democratic protesting its needless vandalism thats not going to help their point at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bektas)
    lol, there would be so many compensation claims.
    there wouldn't....... how do you pay money to someone who covers thei face and doesnt want their identity known?

ReputationRep:
    I own a rubber bullet. They are massive. It would hurt like f***!

But yeah they should. Protesters = OK. Violent yobs = no. just no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f00ddude)
    im talking about the people that start randomly smashing stuff up. thats not democratic protesting its needless vandalism thats not going to help their point at all
    I find that actually it hurt their point.

The government now has to shell out money they thought they had saved with the cuts to patch up all the police officers and civilians, fix all the damage and police the whole thing in the first place.

just lol

ReputationRep:
    Love how anarchists = violent

ReputationRep:
    Because they just don't get the job done.
    Bring out the flame-throwers, I say! Separate the protesting men from the boys.

I know I'd respect any argument if the person making it was on fire.

Heck, that should be a criteria for all protesters: If you're not willing to be set on fire for your cause, stay home and watch Jeremy Kyle or something.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the place can pay for it from Phillip Greens taxes, oh heng on they can't.

From what I gather the Piccadilly/Oxford splinter group were relatively peaceful. The occupation of fortnum and masons was certainly peaceful. The reason all of the companies along those streets were targeted was due to their Tax Avoidance and the fact that their tax avoidance means we face deeper cuts.

£25 Billion a year could be raised from tougher tax avoidance regulations which could pay off the deficit in 8 years or in 5 year combined with much smaller cuts. The banks that were targeted were targeted because of the simple fact they are why were in this mess.

Considering that 250,000 to 500,000 I find it sad that the media are focusing on 500-1000 people who are part of a seperate protest against Tax Avoidance. I also queery why they are covering this splinter group(a black block group) whilst not really acknowledging the largely peaceful after-protest reported elsewhere in trafalgar square.

At the end of the day if you gonna avoid that much tax you deserve to have your windows smashed. I'm mildly annoyed more people didn't participate in direct action. Remember here that the last protests to achieve anything were the poll tax riots and they were called riots for a reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infernalcradle)
    cos they ****ING HURT....

which means some bed wetting pansy will deciede they are going to sue the already cash-strapped police for hundreds of thousands......
    Simple...we then in turn sue him for hundreds of thousands for the damage caused to shops and the potential hit to the economy for obstructing a potentially good shopping day.

Personally I was more in favour of the Water Cannon.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.