Turn on thread page Beta

Why don't they shoot anarchists with rubber bullets?? watch

ReputationRep:
    Oh please, the protesters will sue if they get hit with tissues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by london12)
    They know they're going to be there, why didnt they just shoot them with rubber bullets??

It wouldnt take much effort, you could hit them from far away and they wouldnt do it again..... :confused:
    Possibly because they want to avoid unnecessary death. Rubber bullets are really dangerous.

ReputationRep:
    I say, we capture them all and deport them to the scilly isles.

ReputationRep:
    We are intervening in Libya to restore stability yet there is profound instability at home!

ReputationRep:
    Because ideas are bulletproof

ReputationRep:
    They tried that in Ireland on Bloody Sunday, it didnt work and people were killed. they would/should never do it again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Mad Dog)
    Yeah, the place can pay for it from Phillip Greens taxes, oh heng on they can't.

From what I gather the Piccadilly/Oxford splinter group were relatively peaceful. The occupation of fortnum and masons was certainly peaceful. The reason all of the companies along those streets were targeted was due to their Tax Avoidance and the fact that their tax avoidance means we face deeper cuts.

£25 Billion a year could be raised from tougher tax avoidance regulations which could pay off the deficit in 8 years or in 5 year combined with much smaller cuts. The banks that were targeted were targeted because of the simple fact they are why were in this mess.

Considering that 250,000 to 500,000 I find it sad that the media are focusing on 500-1000 people who are part of a seperate protest against Tax Avoidance. I also queery why they are covering this splinter group(a black block group) whilst not really acknowledging the largely peaceful after-protest reported elsewhere in trafalgar square.

At the end of the day if you gonna avoid that much tax you deserve to have your windows smashed. I'm mildly annoyed more people didn't participate in direct action. Remember here that the last protests to achieve anything were the poll tax riots and they were called riots for a reason.
    I'm much more interested in dealing with these lazy ****s who live voluntarily off the dole and refuse to attain work than I am with taxing hard working successful citizens even more aggressively. I hope these scum smashing windows get glass in their eyes as payback.

ReputationRep:
    Because the Police can never win in this bloody society.

If they do what's needed to stop the violence then they are 'heavy handed' and accused of 'Police Brutality'. When they stand back to appease the PC liberal left, they're not doing their job.

Eugh, once they start being violent, send in the police with batons held high I say.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Because there is no need.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f00ddude)
    why stop at rubber bullets? western countries are far too soft on some people
    Heaven forbid people exercise their freedom of speech :rolleyes:

If they disagree with the gov't, hurt them.

Rubber bullets could hit somebody in the eye.

ReputationRep:
    Rubber bullets havent been used for over a quarter of a century in the UK - they're plastic now (and cause considerably less damage than the old rubber bullets did)

@No Future - "Freedom of speech" is one thing. Chucking ammonia, flares and fireworks at coppers is something else - and should be dealt with appropriately. Violent protesters in the UK need to realise that one of these days they're going to go too far, and when they do it will give the authorities all the excuse they need to wheel out the watercannon, baton & CS rounds. Then they'll have something to complain about.

ReputationRep:
    Because just being an anarchist is not a criminal offence. Holding a particular opinion is not illegal, no matter what the opinion is - if I want to believe that eating babies is a perfectly legitimate way to spend my time, I am entitled to believe this. In some cases, expressing an opinion in a way that is harmful to others can be illegal - for example, you are entitled to believe that all Muslims should be put to death (which I categorically don't believe!) if you like, but you're not allowed to share this with others in a way that sounds like you're advocating it. But holding any opinion is not something that should be punished in any country.

If people commit criminal acts, then they should be dealt with by the law regardless of what philosophy motivated them to commit the criminal act (unless it was self-defence). But just being an anarchist is not deserving of rubber bullets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndroidLight)
    Love how anarchists = violent
    The more accurate depiction is Anarchists = first year university students who have never grown up and reconciled with life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajp100688)
    The more accurate depiction is Anarchists = first year university students who have never grown up and reconciled with life.
    More like a bunch of drunk people who thought that demonstration would be a really hip idea right now.

ReputationRep:
    Lol you should see how the deal with protesters in italy! Polizia and the carabinieri don't take no ****.

ReputationRep:
    It's rather worrying how many of you care about people who were attacking police and buildings dying from being shot by the police with rubber bullets.

They arent bystanders, they made a concious decision to engage in violence, so they should be prepared for violence returned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by london12)
    They wasn't protesting, unless you consider me throwing a brick through your window as I walk down your road, 'protesting'?
    See the front cover of the Sunday times today? Doesn't seem terribly legal to me. I would have rugby tackled that criminal.

ReputationRep:
    Please don't think this small group of hooligans calling themselves ‘anarchists’ represent the entirety of people who subscribe to what is effectively a very peaceful idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guru Jason)
    They tried that in Ireland on Bloody Sunday, it didnt work and people were killed. they would/should never do it again.
    As far as I know they used live rounds on Bloody Sunday.

ReputationRep:
    Although, I do hate police brutality with a passion. People that have the power to violate my liberty using violence and oppression, all in the name of the law. But who makes the law and to whom does it serve?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.