Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Vaults Prestige Rankings watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Came across this and was wondering if you'd agree with this. I'm not sure whether it would apply to UK because I'm sure most people would say Barcap>Credit Suisse. Peoples take on it from a global perspective would be appreciated.

http://www.vault.com/wps/portal/usa/...s=1&regionId=0

ReputationRep:
    "If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on meaningless errands, bait the hook with prestige"

ReputationRep:
    Credit Suisse has been a Global full-service investment bank for a good few decades. It has established significant offices in all the major business centres of the world, and has a significant presence in all major Investment Banking operations.

Barcap is still a new player on the market, after buying Lehman USA. In Fixed-Income trading, they always were (and still are) absolutely amazing. In most other areas, they are not a big player yet, but are significantly bulking up. (eg till 2 years ago, they did not have an M&A practice)

Thus, currently, CS is definitely looked on as a better overall brand in banking than Barcap. this could all change though!

ReputationRep:
    If you switch the region to the UK/Europe, you might be able to get a more accurate picture. There are some prestige differences among consultancies/banks depending on location.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why they bother trying to quantify this :/

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.