Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can you run 5k faster than me? POLL watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Are you over 95 kg? run 5 k in under 24:30?
    Under 95 kg and faster
    61.86%
    Under 95 kg and slower
    11.34%
    Over 95 kg and slower
    3.09%
    Over 95 kg and faster
    23.71%

ReputationRep:
    I'm 95 kg of muscle, but still managed 5.15 km in 25:12 today. This translates into 5km in 24:27, or 3 miles in 23:47.

Is there anyone heavier than me doing this in a quicker time?

pretty sure i can outbeast everyone, be it by being quicker than them and/or be stronger

ReputationRep:
    Yes. You're faster than me. Is that what you wanted to hear? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SummerSofas)
    I'm 95 kg of muscle, but still managed 5.15 km in 25:12 today. This translates into 5km in 24:27, or 3 miles in 23:47.

pretty sure i can outbeast everyone, be it by being quicker than them and/or be stronger
    No matter how fast you run you'll still have a small penis.

ReputationRep:
    Not that impressive. I'm fat and can do 5k in 30 mins.

10 year old kids can beat me in 23 mins and 2 men dressed as a camel can beat me.

ReputationRep:

Competition is good source of motivation, but be warned.

If you get used to being the best, sort of a big fish small pond situation, finding someone is better than you can lead to great distress. Also if you think you are the best, you don't feel the need to push yourself.

They are 6 billion people on the earth, chances are someone is better. Forget trying to show up other people, compete with yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Ran a 21.24 back in 2009 when I was 15... but I weighted about 60KG then and was fit. fast forward 2 years and now I'm 70kg and am unfit in terms of cardio

ReputationRep:
    I'm under 95kg and can run 5km in around 21-22 minutes. Last time I did was in Year 11 at a sports event in ~21:40 and wasn't the first one to finish, so I guess theres loads more who can run that faster than you.

ReputationRep:
    I can run 6k in 28 minutes so pretty sure that averages out faster. But before your internet ego gets a bashing I can tell you that I am lighter than you.

ReputationRep:
    i weigh more than you and not far off your distance to be honest.

im 98kg fat and muscle and I can run 5km in about 27 minutes.

ReputationRep:

Why are you such a ****?

You are always giving it the biggen saying how much you bench/how everyone is scared of you at the gym/how quickly you can run but you are probably just trying to compensate for your insecurities

And if that is your time you beat me. Whoop-ti-do. I consider myself 'outbeasted'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rugbyladosc)
    Why are you such a ****?

You are always giving it the biggen saying how much you bench/how everyone is scared of you at the gym/how quickly you can run but you are probably just trying to compensate for your insecurities

And if that is your time you beat me. Whoop-ti-do. I consider myself 'outbeasted'
    couldnt have put it better myself

there is a reason he has such a bad reputation though. all those negs mean something.

ReputationRep:
    Agree with rugbylad.

Heavier/faster.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    If you put my name into 123 People the only accurate info its brings up is my 5K time (well, 5.6K time...) of 24:51.

ReputationRep:
    can anyone beat 16:31?

I generally run 5k in around 30 minutes, if I'm having a bad day 40 minutes max so slower.

ReputationRep:
    me? 61kg female,on a regime of infrequent training + a steady diet of fastfood, managed to do it just under 25minutes last weekend.

then there is my boyfriend (@ about 57kg), his best time of a few seconds over 14minutes at the start of this year, but has been finishing high 14s/low 15s consistently for a fair while longer.
    simply put, he would ****-juice all over you in any race....yet he is always humble enough to then shake hands with/congratulate as many of the other participants as he can afterwards - something i sense you wouldnt be capable of doing as you appear to be of the ******* variety.

ReputationRep:

i did 5km in 20:58, i was 18 at the time, mind you, i do lots and lots of bouldering and running before university

ReputationRep:
    74kg 21 mins with incline about a year ago. Don''t know what I'd do now, hopefully not slower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOBODY MOVE!)
    me? 61kg female,on a regime of infrequent training + a steady diet of fastfood, managed to do it just under 25minutes last weekend.

then there is my boyfriend (@ about 57kg), his best time of a few seconds over 14minutes at the start of this year, but has been finishing high 14s/low 15s consistently for a fair while longer.
    simply put, he would ****-juice all over you in any race....yet he is always humble enough to then shake hands with/congratulate as many of the other participants as he can afterwards - something i sense you wouldnt be capable of doing as you appear to be of the ******* variety.
    you're boyfriend is very lucky to have you

ReputationRep:
    i cant, but im nearly the same, my time is about 3 miles in 24 mins. im 60kg though.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 29, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.