Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you run 5k faster than me? POLL Watch

• View Poll Results: Are you over 95 kg? run 5 k in under 24:30?
    Under 95 kg and faster
    61.86%
    Under 95 kg and slower
    11.34%
    Over 95 kg and slower
    3.09%
    Over 95 kg and faster
    23.71%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOBODY MOVE!)
    me? 61kg female,on a regime of infrequent training + a steady diet of fastfood, managed to do it just under 25minutes last weekend.

then there is my boyfriend (@ about 57kg), his best time of a few seconds over 14minutes at the start of this year, but has been finishing high 14s/low 15s consistently for a fair while longer.
    simply put, he would ****-juice all over you in any race....yet he is always humble enough to then shake hands with/congratulate as many of the other participants as he can afterwards - something i sense you wouldnt be capable of doing as you appear to be of the ******* variety.
    how fast would your bf run 5k if he put on 40 kg of muscle hmm? and whats he bench?

ReputationRep:
    OP you need to chill out on the validation thing dude. Drive and competitive spirit are healthy but if you allow yourself to be defined by the desire to be the best, or be seen to be the best, you run the risk of turning out a total douche.. and I should know, I was that guy once.. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    you are a sad, sad little man.

ReputationRep:
    whats your sprint?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SummerSofas)
    how fast would your bf run 5k if he put on 40 kg of muscle hmm?
    who knows - but he'd almost certainly still be faster than you. it takes ages of fine-tuning getting a good running technique - same like you have probably have discovered on your muscle-growing journey.

and whats he bench?
    bench?
    yesyesyes, he has access to one of those.
    there is one in his back garden.
    sometimes he sits on it, sometimes he lies down on it.
    sometimes his neighbour's cat sits on it too.

it is a nice looking bench.

ReputationRep:
    who knows - but he'd almost certainly still be faster than you. it takes ages of fine-tuning getting a good running technique - same like you have probably have discovered on your muscle-growing journey.

bench?
    yesyesyes, he has access to one of those.
    there is one in his back garden.
    sometimes he sits on it, sometimes he lies down on it.
    sometimes his neighbour's cat sits on it too.

it is a nice looking bench.
    i'm pretty damn sure your boyfriend could sit on the bench (with the neighbours cat) and i could bench press the whole thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x)
    you're boyfriend is very lucky to have you
    if he starts arguing with me for whatever reason i shall show him your nice comment ;D

x

ReputationRep:
    if he starts arguing with me for whatever reason i shall show him your nice comment ;D

x
    good show him who's boss

x

ReputationRep:
    i'm pretty damn sure your boyfriend could sit on the bench (with the neighbours cat) and i could bench press the whole thing
    mhm. riiight.
    ...and what good will this do? o_o

will this apparent 'spectacle' impress anybody (other than yourself)? because i very much doubt this.
    being a pointless person doing pointless things is not a good way to live life.

i just hope that knowledge of other people being better than you at some kind of competitive venture doesnt vex you too much. x

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure you are mentally ill. You need to see a psychiatrist, they may be able to help you. The whole world isn't about how much you can bench press, nobody really cares. You're not the strongest guy in the world, there are bigger people in the world than you. You don't weigh 95kg of 'pure muscle', you have bones?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rufus_da_bear)
    i cant, but im nearly the same, my time is about 3 miles in 24 mins. im 60kg though.
    Not bad for a lady.

You fail OP.

ReputationRep:
    88kg, 17:56 5k, 40:23 10k

5k is for weenies.

ReputationRep:
    Ask me in about a month's time when I race a 5k properly for the first time in ages - hoping to finish in about 22-23 minutes. Ran one in just over 24 minutes about a year and a half ago. Not a fan of shorter stuff really, would rather feel the burn in my legs of a half or full marathon than the feeling of wanting to puke my guts out that comes with the territory in a 5k or 10k.

ReputationRep:
    Faster than me mate.

ReputationRep:
    NO THERE ISN'T

EDIT: whoops I misread the question as 'is there a bigger nobhead than me'

ReputationRep:
    im 97 kg, 11% bf and yes im a bit quicker. and probs stronger.
    so yeh **** you *****.

ReputationRep:
    me? 61kg female,on a regime of infrequent training + a steady diet of fastfood, managed to do it just under 25minutes last weekend.

then there is my boyfriend (@ about 57kg), his best time of a few seconds over 14minutes at the start of this year, but has been finishing high 14s/low 15s consistently for a fair while longer.
    simply put, he would ****-juice all over you in any race....yet he is always humble enough to then shake hands with/congratulate as many of the other participants as he can afterwards - something i sense you wouldnt be capable of doing as you appear to be of the ******* variety.
    ******* ! :danceboy:

ReputationRep:
    This is all not very relative, you havn't specified where you did the 5km? Was it on flat ground, cross country, a treadmill? I do 5km in 25minutes cross country, on a treadmill i could quite probably shave a few minutes off that pace as running on a treadmill is so much easier.

On flatground i'd probably hit around the 23minute mark but as i only run cross-country right now i couldn't tell you for certain.

ReputationRep:
    I'll meet you at the finish line after my 7-8 minute rest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buxtons)
    This is all not very relative, you havn't specified where you did the 5km? Was it on flat ground, cross country, a treadmill? I do 5km in 25minutes cross country, on a treadmill i could quite probably shave a few minutes off that pace as running on a treadmill is so much easier.

On flatground i'd probably hit around the 23minute mark but as i only run cross-country right now i couldn't tell you for certain.
    through the park, with an element of incline and decline

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.