Turn on thread page Beta

don't know what to do with a biomedical science degree ??? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

@amir shah, i know this is an old post but what happened *did you get to do medicine after biomed? Which route did you take? What was the outcome? My son is about to start biomed and he really wanted to do medicine but grades didn't make it. I was googling where bio medicing leads and came acroos this post. I hope you got what you wanted in the end, you seemed so keen to do medicine and I am sure you would have made a great doctor with such desire for this profession.

ReputationRep:
    I think its time to be realistic. Medicine requires a fairly high degree of intelligence and isn't meant for most people. I think you are just going to have to accept that medicine isn't for you and carry on with your life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amir shah)
    i didn't achieve very good a-level grades. i thought that after a biomed degree, it would be easier to get into medicine.
    Graduate entry is far more competitive than undergraduate entry into Medicine. Just look at the competition ratios, which speak for themselves! Consider becoming a PA, nurse or dentist as the job market for BMS is saturated?

ReputationRep:
    Did amir reply? I am waiting to hear his response tkk

ReputationRep:
    Hey did amie reply? Actually i am waiting to hear his response too..
    (Original post by Mrs NM)
    Hey!

@amir shah, i know this is an old post but what happened *did you get to do medicine after biomed? Which route did you take? What was the outcome? My son is about to start biomed and he really wanted to do medicine but grades didn't make it. I was googling where bio medicing leads and came acroos this post. I hope you got what you wanted in the end, you seemed so keen to do medicine and I am sure you would have made a great doctor with such desire for this profession.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.