The Student Room Group

Really Annoyed with UCAS now!!!

With regards to me changing courses, you were all so helpful. Called UCAS this morning - changed two of them but there is huge 'problem' with my third (although technically it'd be my first should I get an offer!).

I tried to change my course from Newcastle - Exeter, only the Exeter course wasn't showing up on their system as running, when it blatently is. They said it wasn't, so I went and called Exeter; Exeter confirmed what I already knew and that it IS running - So I called UCAS back, who said that it still wasn't showing up on their system, so they wouldn't allow me to subsititute.

So, they're faxing my application through to Exeter now, explaining (that's ok of them, nice and all ) but it's not showing on Track and probably won't for a v long time! Meanwhile, I'm still applied to Newcastle and 'half' applied to Exeter, only technically I'm not.

Anyone else heard of Application by fax? Seems really bizarre to me and I'm very annoyed, I know it's not the fault of the girl i spoke to, she was very helpful, only the Exeter offer would be one of my top choices (the top, probably) and now I don't know if I'm applied there or not!
Reply 1
But other people are able to apply (and have applied) through UCAS on the L705 code? I thought that it possibly wasn't recognising it because it wasn't L700 as the other ones are.

Could I do that with applying through the L702? Although then wouldn't I be offered (hopefully) for the European course as they may not realise etc? Then I would be up Sh*t creek as I don't really want to go to Spain etc. For a year!!
Reply 2
I would've done that, but I have now spoken to two people! But I will suggest what you said about applying for a course and then ringing Exeter up as they said they print it out and put it in piles anyway! I'll go and have a mosey at the announcement...!

Will try again, they were very haphazard and didn't really want to fax it until I started pointing out that it might not be important to them but it is v much so to me!!
Reply 3
OK, called them (again) and they assure me that it's been sent to Exeter and that they have their engineers on it to try and fix the problem. I've tried to contact Exeter although there wasn't anyone available when I called, will try again in a minute just to check that it has infact gone and they're not fobbing me off!

Gah. Do you think that is Satisfactory!?
Reply 4
Ok thanks so much. Am just going to ring Exeter now and see if they have received it like UCAS claim they have.
Reply 5
Ok, Exeter have received it, UCAS are now sending me a letter confirming what they had said, now I just hope it comes up quickly so I'll know whether it's a yay or a nay, probably the latter but I can but try!
Reply 6
My harrassing paid off - they've sorted it, it's now on my track and they have apologised!

(Thanks so much PQ!)
Reply 7
Hey up LM!

Latest