Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you have a godparent? Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you have any godparents?
    No
    30.77%
    Yes - I have one
    9.40%
    Yes - I have two
    35.04%
    Yes - I have three
    21.37%
    Yes - I have four
    3.42%

ReputationRep:
    No. I was never baptised. Because of this, according to my grandad, I "am plagued with original sin."

ReputationRep:
    I've got three: my mam's sister, my dad's youngest sister (he's got four) and my uncle, who is married to my Dad's second youngest sister but they are separated now :erm:. I'm closest with my dad's sister but the whole family is really close anyway .

ReputationRep:
    Three.
    Two of my uncles, one of which I see when we have family get togethers and the other I try and visit every Summer for a week or so.
    The other one....I can't remember who it is. But I think it's an old friend of one of my parents who I was introduced to when my Brother went to A&E and she was working on the reception...I got a "Oh, this is your godmother" I was like...oh, okay =/

ReputationRep:
    I have two - my godfather is one of my dad's best friends and my godmother is my mom's. Only met my godmother once or twice, but my godfather doesn't live far (saw him in town today, as a matter of fact). I babysit his two girls sometimes

ReputationRep:
    i have 2 godmothers. One was my aunty, one was my mums friend at the time. I haven't heard from/seen my mums friend in about 12 years, and due to a family feud I very very rarely see my aunty. Tbh they have made no impact on my life, and not helped in any way shape or form.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but I don't know her really. I was baptised in Nazareth, Israel by the Protestant bishop, my Godmother is the bishop of Nazareth's wife or something random like that. They're friends of my dad's family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oddsox)
    No option for five godparents???
    But I only see one really, and even then every 3-6 months or so.
    oh sorry!

I dont really know how godparents work...I assumed it was like grandparents, so the max you can have is four, like two on each side of the family...
    Have I got this wrong?

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't aware that I had one, so i'm guessing I don't. I was never baptised of anything though
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Yep I have 2 godparents.

My godmother is my grandmother's best friend (my grandmother is dead now but my godmother is still alive).
    My godfather is my uncle (mam's brother).

My kids have 2 godparents also. Both my daughter and my youngest son have my best friend as their godmother, and my cousin (my godfather's/uncle's son) as their godfather.
    My middle child has my best friend as his godmother (same as the other two) but another of my cousins (dad's sister's son) as his godfather.

ReputationRep:
    My godparents are my grandparents (Mums side)

ReputationRep:
    I have one, her husband, my other one died a few years back.
    They were out next door neighbours.
    I see her once a year, around Christmas time.
    She always gives me Christmas and birthday things

I guess I'd have to be christened to have any :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I have four

ReputationRep:
    I have one I think. Can't remember who it is though, I don't think my parents are still in regular contact with him.

ReputationRep:
    They haven't done a very good job. The alst time I saw my godfather was at my dad funeral- nearly two years ago and my godmother has disappeared.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, me and my sisters all have the same godmother, my mum's best friend from when they were at school. I've never really understood what's 'normal' when it comes to godparents. Like how me and my sisters have the same godparent, yet a couple of my friends and their siblings all have different ones, and some people I know of have multiple godparents...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    No, and I have no need of any.

ReputationRep:
    I have 2, when I got christened. (I'm not really religious now though)
    It's my mothers 2nd cousin and her partner.
    They have always been family to us, looking after me at young age, and caring about me now.
    My mum and my godmother are like sisters
    It's really nice. I'm glad I have godparents to be honest and my parents are godparents to my godparents daughter's child.- if it makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    One set of godparents, but I wasnt baptized, nor do I belong to any faith at all. I think my parents did it out of pragmatic yet nihilistic assumptions. Oh well, my godparents are the ones giving me the best gifts out of all my family members anyway.

ReputationRep:
    No.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.