Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everybody,

I am keen on study at the Imperial College London (course: Strategic Marketing), but unfortunately I just have a TOEFL Score of 94. I have already reset it two times and 94 was my highest score. I am aware that people may question whether it would make sense to study in english although my english seems not to be very good. But I am sure that I can make it.

As I do not think that I will reset my TOEFL one more time because of funding problems, as well as the uncertainty whether I will get at least 100 I would like to apply with my Score of 94. Do you think that I may have a chance?

I have passed my undergradute (Business Administation) in only five semester (german middle score university) with a german grade average of 1.8 (converted in gpa: 3.5). Furthermore I have done 4 internships, studied abroad (4month), I hold a scholarship and engaged social in a project for 1 year of a Also, my academic reference are pretty good. I am really very keen on study at the ICL.
    I know from other Schools (e.g. MBS) that they still take a application with a TOEFL below 100 into consideration. Do you think that I should try it or are you sure that a TOEFL Score below is a K.O.-criteria. One more advantage of might be also my bilingual background (German Born Chinese). The school also offers a pre-english-course which will cost 2000 pounds. How about the likelihood to pass it succesfully?

Finally, can you tell me whether an application next week will be to late? I will receive my references during the mid of the next week.

Thank you in advance for your help.

ReputationRep:
    I can't really help, unless to say, why not try the IELTS test instead of the TOEFL? I did mine almost 2 years ago, and I expected it to be much more demanding. If you consider doing it, why not apply and say you're waiting for the IELTS test results? ( I don't know if that is possible for graduate, I know it is for undergraduate).
    Hope I helped a bit.

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.