Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm in YR10 now and I am starting to realise I am at that "crossroads" on whether to pursue a carreer in the Music Industry (Performing artist-but hey Record Labels r cool too) or settle for straight A-levels and somehow manage to stifle my passion for music and just settele for another stable job( no idea wat yet- Politics/economic/business type?!)

Anyway I've recently got back to the idea I had when I was in Yr 8 THE BRIT SCHOOL! it seems like the perfect place but seeing as I live in Cambridge ( ALTHOUGH if I beg my parents enough I have a Godfather who lives in London..so I may be able to stay with him )
    I wonder if the distance will affect my application?
    I have no idea how the system works or auditions so any experiences from Brit School students would be reallllyyy great!

So is the Brits really a good school? ( it's free, the other schools are sooooo expensive!) Or is it over rated?

Also I have heard of Acessto music?? and ICMP anyone wanna explain to me more about this?
    As you can see I have heard snippets of different options I can take but I am still bot sure which one is better..
    So about me..
    I sing, I play the piano and the guitar and I looovvveee songwriting
    I am also super hardworking(thank god cz i was not born smart) so I scrape As in my GCSEs which I am hoping to finish...then go to The Brits school etc
    So please help me! Im really just a girl with a passion for music who is stuck at this crossroad and Im scared that if I don't pursue it I will die myself trying to revise from a bunch of law books or something..you have to understand I am risking my parent's pride lol not to be overdramatic but they wnt me to go to this prestigious sixth form (Hills Road) which Im not even sure I can get into. So shall I risk it??
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.