Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well this is why I am going shopping myself. These suppliers are supposed to provide excellent after sale service etc, but I trust pc world (which is crap) more!! And to be fair to them, their insurance is very cheap but it might be a catch somewhere...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    Sounds good! What the hell? No offence to him but what has religion got to do with a psychotic episode?
    I tend to come up with spiritual explanations as to some of what's happening with me and he wanted to know more about it. He once said I'd be better off going to a priest rather than seeing him :yes:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I may or may not have just been on a shopping spree... with my credit card... while hypermanic.

I now possess about £60 of make-up and a pretty Apple remote

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snoogy)
    I may or may not have just been on a shopping spree... with my credit card... while hypermanic.

I now possess about £60 of make-up and a pretty Apple remote
    Honey, we have all done this at some stage. I was shocked how much my credit card bill was yesterday when I had to pay; it was over £600... :eek::eek: but my mum was aroud last month, so we ate well, we shopped well... all on me!!! :cool: Once in a very long while, mums deserve a treat or two.

ReputationRep:
    The_Lonely_Goatherd, got your letter yet? I have received the paper copy through the post today, so check out your postbox if you haven't received yours.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ExTraP)
    The_Lonely_Goatherd, got your letter yet? I have received the paper copy through the post today, so check out your postbox if you haven't received yours.
    Forgot to write: I did indeed get mine. They've agreed to everything, though apparently the minimum possible expenditure on me goes over the amount postgrads can get! So I'm supposed to talk to Goldsmiths or my assessment centre about making up the difference.That's fine though coz I don't think I'll be using the taxi allowance much, if at all (should be getting a freedom pass very soon: just waiting for confirmation of that) :nah:

Now to figure out how to explain all this to my dad and propose the room rearrangement to make extra room/desk space for all this equipment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Forgot to write: I did indeed get mine. They've agreed to everything, though apparently the minimum possible expenditure on me goes over the amount postgrads can get! So I'm supposed to talk to Goldsmiths or my assessment centre about making up the difference.That's fine though coz I don't think I'll be using the taxi allowance much, if at all (should be getting a freedom pass very soon: just waiting for confirmation of that) :nah:

Now to figure out how to explain all this to my dad and propose the room rearrangement to make extra room/desk space for all this equipment
    This might sound crazy, but if you have the time and can be bothered like I did, buy the stuff elsewhere. Like i said, I have upgraded the computer to the top spec and still well within the agreed limit, if I didn't then it'd be about £300 saving for SFE. Even just getting some of the items yourself might help make up the difference. And didn't Goldsmiths tell you they have their own IT training people, maybe they can work around whatever funding you have left instead of you going to the one that's been recommanded? Mine is the assessment centre themselve and it's £225 / half day for 6 half days. it's crazy how expensive it is, youtube is free!!!

Good luck with the freedom pass, when I first got knocked off my bike, I was so shaken up and my psych got the freedom pass app sorted for me, but my local council just won't back down and said there are too many nutters in the borough that they can't privide a freedom pass for everybody... :confused: But by the time they finally got round to reply to me (it took them 6 months) I had already gotten back on my bike.. and got knocked off again... and again... now I am not scared anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    That's the one! East Slope! It was seriously grim when I visited I was like :eek3:
    I'm sure you've already thought of this but could you email accommodation and see if you can change your choices?
    And just out of interest, which fridge are you getting?
    Do you already have the grades for Sussex? UEA haven't even opened applications for accomodation yet and I'm scared I'll jinx it if I apply now because I'm scared I won't meet the offer.
    For me, eating in front of people I don't know= side-eye glances and awkwardness and me eating really fast to get away and then panicking and feeling guilty and eating in front of people who know about the ED= uncomfortable because they assume what I can and can't eat and so I end up eating less so they don't comment on me actually eating. Hence why I just avoid it now and eat on the go or go to my room where no-one can see me. :rolleyes:
    I have considered emailing and trying to change my choices. I'm going to talk to my psych nurse about it tomorrow because everyone I've spoken too think I'll just not be social. And that's not the issue...

I have no idea which fridge I'm getting. I can't find anything between a fridge that'll fit about a bottle of milk in and a massive one that's over 6ft...

And I haven't got my grades yet (although I'm pretty sure I will) so I won't know until September but I feel I need to know where I'll be living so that I can imagine myself there and work towards that. Arrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhh...
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    I've just realised that I'm about to finish my last essay of the semester today and my equipment is coming tomorrow -_-

ReputationRep:
    so you can put you computer on display for a little while since your work of this term is done? How's the room tidying going?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    so you can put you computer on display for a little while since your work of this term is done? How's the room tidying going?
    Room still a mess :ninja:

I did have a little tidy up though. I'll get there in the end

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, tell me about it, my room is getting more more messy.

Totally off the topic, i emailed Goldsmiths on Friday asking for a rough timetable, got a reply this morning followed by a phone call from the tutor who deals with timetable, he explained everything to me on the phone just like that. I am very impressed, very impressed indeed. This would never happens at my current uni in which I refuse to name it!!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Yeah, tell me about it, my room is getting more more messy.

Totally off the topic, i emailed Goldsmiths on Friday asking for a rough timetable, got a reply this morning followed by a phone call from the tutor who deals with timetable, he explained everything to me on the phone just like that. I am very impressed, very impressed indeed. This would never happens at my current uni in which I refuse to name it!!
    Goldsmiths is full of really nice people. One of the reasons I like it so much

I'm hoping to go in for the first time in months soon, to sort out finance and DSA :yes: Hopefully then I'll be unbanned from the library :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Now what have you done in the library to have been banned at the first place???
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Now what have you done in the library to have been banned at the first place???
    Barclays mucked up my PCDL, so Goldsmiths haven't been paid their tuition fees :facepalm:

Thankfully the nice head of the Disability team told them I'm ill and that I'll sort it out when I'm better and they said that's fine

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear... we would have been kicked out by now, 1 more point to Goldsmiths. For a very long time, I am actually looking forward to start a new course. Maybe we would finally meet in the real world at Goldsmiths? (Sorry if this sounds a bit strange, only because there is another forum room I go to and everybody does in fact know everybody in real life)
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Oh dear... we would have been kicked out by now, 1 more point to Goldsmiths. For a very long time, I am actually looking forward to start a new course. Maybe we would finally meet in the real world at Goldsmiths? (Sorry if this sounds a bit strange, only because there is another forum room I go to and everybody does in fact know everybody in real life)
    I'm very bad with strangers and too shy to mingle irl. Nothing personal, just the way I am I'm hardly there anyway
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    That's right, it's for low income too. Forget about asking Goldsmiths about it, here you go

http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/HealthCosts/1128.aspx

order the form online, fill it out and send it. Job done. You could probably get it from your local chemist or from you GP's.

And I remember I was beginnnig to earn more soon after I graduated but my cert had another few months left, so I called them and ask if I would have to stop using it as I was earning more than what would be considered as low income. (sadly not anymore... ) They said they capture your circumstances on the date you send the form and if you are lucky enough to have won the lottery the following week, you would still be entitled to free prescriptions until the cert runs out... a bit weird I think.
    I'm really going to take advantage of this! I'll be saving over £200 a year!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I know it'd be too late now, but when i'm at uni, I might get myself tested for autism. I've done an official test online and scored the same as people who have aspergers. I won't do it till i'm at uni though, as my parents will be out of the way :/
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    My room still looks like a bomb hit it. I've done two loads of washing today and now the rail in my wardrobe has collapsed. Eek. Maybe they'll just accept that I have a floordrobe?

My doctor cancelled my appointment for tomorrow and I really really needed it

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.