ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by ExTraP)
    How come DSA got your report before you? Mine was sent to me, DSA and my uni at the same time. And... oops.. they forgot the anit-glare screen I mentioned I need or I get headache... oh well, will pay to have it changed it DSA allows.
    I got the report two days after my assessment in February. It's taken my assessment centre 6 weeks to get it to SFE because I just switched from my local LEA to SFE... it went from probably having my order placed within a week of my assessment to waiting 2 months just for a yes or no.

I have no idea how much longer it's going to be

ReputationRep:
    Of course, coz now it's all funded from the SFE, right? I think their target time for responding to the assessment report is 15 working days?? This is what I was told from the assessment centre, but they could be wrong.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Welcome Squad
    Ah, k. Thanks

They switched from my LEA 4 days after my assessment I was getting replies to my emails within the hour from my LEA and now I'm being ignored for weeks by DSA.

ReputationRep:
    Call them!!! Or not, just keep emailing them. But isn't that fairer that all apps are dealt wih by the same place? With local LEAs I always then it really depends on where you live and the funding they have available... But then I guess with the SEF it also depends on the mood of that person on the day when they assess your recommendation... Well I am taking nonsense now.

ReputationRep:
    Oh by the way, has anyone experienced transferring their DSA to a differen uni? I have just been offered a place at a different uni and thinking of switching. Ask me which uni coz I wanna show off!!! Kekeke...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Which uni? :ninja:

My assessment report arrived today. 28 pages and only 4-5 mistakes, so she did extremely well Even more recommendations than I'd initially remembered/realised as well :eek2:

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha... well, you are I could be schoolmates! :cool: MFA Fine Art at Goldsmiths, but I really am not sure about it as I have heard a lot of negative things about the department and my interview wasn't the best of experience, plus it's 3.5 tims more expensive than the one I am doing now. It'd empty my bank account and probably my mum's all in one go...

Anyway, my list recommendation's got a lot of little things as well, which to be honest, I would rather they save the money and not give me that many things that I know I'd end up not using. But what really annoys me is they can't do the anti glare screen on the computer while it seems small for many, it does annoy me a big time. I am gonna try to get them to agree for me to buy it from Apple directly and I shall make up for the difference. It's stupid I know, it's only a screen, but when I get annoyed you don't wanna get anywhere near me and I nearly smashed my own computer because of that.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Hahaha... well, you are I could be schoolmates! :cool: MFA Fine Art at Goldsmiths, but I really am not sure about it as I have heard a lot of negative things about the department and my interview wasn't the best of experience, plus it's 3.5 tims more expensive than the one I am doing now. It'd empty my bank account and probably my mum's all in one go...

Anyway, my list recommendation's got a lot of little things as well, which to be honest, I would rather they save the money and not give me that many things that I know I'd end up not using. But what really annoys me is they can't do the anti glare screen on the computer while it seems small for many, it does annoy me a big time. I am gonna try to get them to agree for me to buy it from Apple directly and I shall make up for the difference. It's stupid I know, it's only a screen, but when I get annoyed you don't wanna get anywhere near me and I nearly smashed my own computer because of that.
    :awesome: Well whatever you decide, congrats on the offer!

I think tbh I need all of the stuff they suggested, which is quite mortifying. Especially since it involves what would effectively be a chaperone around uni :o:

If it causes you that much distress, you should definitely see if there is a way of you still somehow getting it :console:

ReputationRep:
    It does and it's actually cheaper to get it from Apple directly... these suppliers are evil and to be hoenst, if you are getting a PC, fairly enough, you might need the after sale support from the suppliers but with Apple, their customer / technical support is 2nd to none.

ReputationRep:
    Got a quote from Apple with the exact computer plus apple care on top plus my anti galre screen... it's still cheaper than any of the quotes, well all those little things are not included but then £100 or less can take care of a mouse, keyboard, computer stand, case and whatnot. plus I really do have most of these things anyway... still the total woudl be cheaper! Right onto email with the DSA team. These company really do charge too much, bare in mind some of the items are vat free already... still more expensive than getting in from a retail store. Is this why we are so poor as a nation because of moppets like these DSA suppliers?

Sorry if I sound a bit mad, not having a very good day.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Welcome Squad
    I just had a letter from the DSA telling me I could have my needs assessment now.

Tempted to just cry in a corner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snoogy)
    I just had a letter from the DSA telling me I could have my needs assessment now.

Tempted to just cry in a corner.
    Finally That's good, hope the stupid Easter holidays and the sodding royal wedding don't delay your appointment.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Welcome Squad
    Finally That's good, hope the stupid Easter holidays and the sodding royal wedding don't delay your appointment.
    I already had the assessment back in February. SFE seem epically confused by my existence!

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't heard anything and I sent it like 7 weeks ago! I called them and they have it, they said (last week) that it would take a week to process. Stupid Easter...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snoogy)
    I already had the assessment back in February. SFE seem epically confused by my existence!
    You have me all confused now. So you have had your assessment and now they are telling you to do it again?? Great, they have too much money to spare. Have they lost your report from the last assessment??

DSA team is a bit of a, erm... Well, let just say they can only answer simple questions. I sent them am email with a very simple question and they failed to answer. I give up!

ReputationRep:
    I have my assessment on the 13th May and I'm sort of nervous. What's the assessment actually like? What do they ask? The receptionist said it would be around 2 hours and I'm really bad at speaking about my symptoms...

ReputationRep:
    Mine did actually last for about 2 hrs. It was a very detailed background check in a way, it's mainly study related like the problems you have always faced in schools, the kind of support you have found helpful or what you would need. How your current course is delivered etc etc. They would also want to know what you are like in class if you can concentrate, how you tend to behave and feel in tutorials etc etc, if you can work in a library etc. I was also showed a couple of assistive software and I had a say in whether or not I think they would be helpful. When I left, I looked at the watch and I was shocked how long it was. If you feel nervous, you can always ask for a break, my way of breaking my nerves was to make little jokes and my assessor went along with it.

I know the disability advisor at my uni would have helped me to prepare my assessment but first I don't like her second my appointment came fairly quick, I only waited for a few days. So maybe you would have time to have a chat with the DA at your uni?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I asked for paper in mine and spent the whole time doodling

ReputationRep:
    Whatever works. They are not there to judge, they are there to help.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.