Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    Thanks guys.
    Would it help if you bullet pointed your symptoms beforehand on a piece of paper and if you get stuck, you can hand it over and let them take it from there?

ReputationRep:
    By the way, why not write a list of difficulties you have or think you might face while at uni and bring it with you? I have always found it useful to write a list and give it to someone if there are important things I must mention to someone. It might seem a bit odd if you do it to a friend or something, but with the needs assessment, I am sure they wouldn't mind it. Let us know how it goes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Would it help if you bullet pointed your symptoms beforehand on a piece of paper and if you get stuck, you can hand it over and let them take it from there?
    Haha... didn't see you reply before I wrote mine... smart people thinkg alike. ME LIKE!!!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Like the others said, assessments are pretty informal and your assessor is assessing your needs and not you. They'll be lovely and do whatever they need to do to make you less freaked out - it's part of their job. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    (Original post by ExTraP)
    By the way, why not write a list of difficulties you have or think you might face while at uni and bring it with you? I have always found it useful to write a list and give it to someone if there are important things I must mention to someone. It might seem a bit odd if you do it to a friend or something, but with the needs assessment, I am sure they wouldn't mind it. Let us know how it goes.
    Thanks you two! Funny you should say that because they emailed me a 'pre assessment form' to fill out so I filled out my symptoms and things I have issues with at the moment and things I might have issues with at uni and sent it to them.
    (Original post by snoogy)
    Like the others said, assessments are pretty informal and your assessor is assessing your needs and not you. They'll be lovely and do whatever they need to do to make you less freaked out - it's part of their job. Good luck!
    Thank you! I think it's more the thought of sitting in a room and being 'assessed' that freaks me out. I'm sure it will be fine.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yay, I just got a letter saying that I can get DSA and my evidence has been approved! Such a relief!
    I've got to book my assessment later...what sort of thing can I expect? I'm nervous =S
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I have a quick question...Has anybody here has an assessment at DART Lincoln?

And is there anything I need to take with me?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by lozzyhickers)
    I have a quick question...Has anybody here has an assessment at DART Lincoln?

And is there anything I need to take with me?
    Take anything you think will help you. I had my timetable and an example coursework brief to show them. It just made explaining things easier.

I just got my confirmation letter to order my stuffs *runs around in circles*

ReputationRep:
    | felt sorry for the woman who did my assessment, she had to travel all the way to birmingham from plymouth just for a 1/2 hr appt with me (she had no other appointments, just me)!

ReputationRep:
    heres a question for you all. on my assessment i got recommended the use of a computer in my exams. I have no idea why i would need a computer, but for every exam i get one. do you think its so i can google the answers?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Take anything you think will help you. I had my timetable and an example coursework brief to show them. It just made explaining things easier.

I just got my confirmation letter to order my stuffs *runs around in circles*
    So I don't have to bring a copy of my evidence or anything?
    I think i'll bring a list of symptoms and how it might affect my learning.

Thank you!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    So I don't have to bring a copy of my evidence or anything?
    I think i'll bring a list of symptoms and how it might affect my learning.

Thank you!
    I didn't have to for mine but some centres will request it. Gather as much as you can. A list of symptoms would definitely help as would a cv if you have one. They have a section for background information and I was getting the dates muddled. My crazy educational history didn't help. If you think it could help then take it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 25095514)
    heres a question for you all. on my assessment i got recommended the use of a computer in my exams. I have no idea why i would need a computer, but for every exam i get one. do you think its so i can google the answers?
    I really don't think the computer will have the internet, so no.
    Do you have slow writing or illegible writing or something?

My centre is making me send evidence and proof of entitlement.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I didn't have to for mine but some centres will request it. Gather as much as you can. A list of symptoms would definitely help as would a cv if you have one. They have a section for background information and I was getting the dates muddled. My crazy educational history didn't help. If you think it could help then take it
    Ok, thanks. Why would a CV help?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Ok, thanks. Why would a CV help?
    They ask about background qualifications and dates and such. If you remember them without getting flustered then you're fine. It really helped me though. I forget basic things when I'm anxious.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    They ask about background qualifications and dates and such. If you remember them without getting flustered then you're fine. It really helped me though. I forget basic things when I'm anxious.
    Ok thanks, I haven't got an updated one atm, but ill take my exam certificates just in case
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Ok thanks, I haven't got an updated one atm, but ill take my exam certificates just in case
    It's for your own use really. A list of them will be just fine
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Got my appointment booked, 1st June
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Got my appointment booked, 1st June
    Awesome! You'll totally rock it

Got my confirmation from SFE yesterday, placed my order on Tuesday and I'm calling the supplier tomorrow to add a few things and then it'll be here next week It's finally all over!

Now if I could figure out if my book allowance was granted or not... it says I have £300 for consumables but it says nothing about books. Anyone know if it's included? I could really do with buying a few reference books at some point this week so that'd be an epic help.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Awesome! You'll totally rock it

Got my confirmation from SFE yesterday, placed my order on Tuesday and I'm calling the supplier tomorrow to add a few things and then it'll be here next week It's finally all over!

Now if I could figure out if my book allowance was granted or not... it says I have £300 for consumables but it says nothing about books. Anyone know if it's included? I could really do with buying a few reference books at some point this week so that'd be an epic help.
    Yay! That's great, I really hope it helps you

So when it comes to computers,dictaphones etc do we order it ourselves? Or does it depend on the centre?

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.