The Student Room Group

DSA needs assessment on Monday

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Maybe the equipment have little legs and arms and they will find a way to come out from the boxes and install themselves when you are deep asleep? Everything might be set up by the time you wake up on Thus!
Original post by ExTraP
Maybe the equipment have little legs and arms and they will find a way to come out from the boxes and install themselves when you are deep asleep? Everything might be set up by the time you wake up on Thus!

That would have happened had I just had an email asking if the 20th was a good delivery day for me.

They claim I didn't email them to confirm the last date. I definitely did and have forwarded the email to them. I told them at the start that I they needed to be certain about delivery date because I'm at my parents house and I don't have a computer in my uni city.

Now I'm stuck going back to Nottingham tonight because I can't afford to change my plans, I have no computer turning up tomorrow and I am royally stuck because my first is exam is on the 20th and I have no technology to revise with that doesn't burst into flames (I'm not even exaggerating there - actual flames with smoke and everything).

BRB, off to sob like a small child.
Original post by snoogy
That would have happened had I just had an email asking if the 20th was a good delivery day for me.

They claim I didn't email them to confirm the last date. I definitely did and have forwarded the email to them. I told them at the start that I they needed to be certain about delivery date because I'm at my parents house and I don't have a computer in my uni city.

Now I'm stuck going back to Nottingham tonight because I can't afford to change my plans, I have no computer turning up tomorrow and I am royally stuck because my first is exam is on the 20th and I have no technology to revise with that doesn't burst into flames (I'm not even exaggerating there - actual flames with smoke and everything).

:hugs:

I haven't heard anything from SFE yet :ninja:
Original post by snoogy

That's such a sucky situation. :sad: :console:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:hugs:

I haven't heard anything from SFE yet :ninja:

I'm sure they'll email back soon.

I sent a slightly hysterical email to them - they're rushing my macbook through software loading now so it should be done in the next few days and then they're sending it next day delivery.

At least now I have an excuse to not be doing coursework tomorrow and it means I can go out for italian and cocktails with my wifey, get too intoxicated to remember what coursework is and then worry about it on Thursday instead :biggrin:
Original post by snoogy

I sent a slightly hysterical email to them - they're rushing my macbook through software loading now so it should be done in the next few days and then they're sending it next day delivery.

At least now I have an excuse to not be doing coursework tomorrow and it means I can go out for italian and cocktails with my wifey, get too intoxicated to remember what coursework is and then worry about it on Thursday instead :biggrin:

I like the sound of that :awesome:
I like the sound of that :awesome:

And I may have gone whimpering to my uni's disability advisor and she's passed it on to people who can shout at the suppliers.

The supplier sent me an email saying they'll rush the mac part of my order through but delivery of everything else is clashing with my exams and it's all their fault *stroppy hissyfit*

ETA: I just had an email with a 50% of voucher for Bella Italia and then another email offering me a free Mojito at the bar across the road. It's fate! It must be!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 167
snoogy, what supplier is that? So other people can avoid it if you don't mind sharing it? I like the sound of your plan too, let's go get drunk and worry about everything else er... when... ever? But I must warn you: DRINK SENSIBLY!!! Hope everything gets sorted asap.

I got so pissed off with my uni today; I can't have a studio space to put up my installation for more than a couple of weeks and I got kicked out from the studio because someone else needs it. They have just driven me a step closer to Goldsmiths....

My uni supplier says they are going to bump up the spec and send me the current model, whereas the chosen supplier told me they haven't got a clue what to do...

The_Lonely_Goatherd, if I have gotten my funding letter yesterday then I guess you will get yours sometimes this week. To be honset, i haven't actually gotten the letter through the post, just my assessment centre emailed the copy they got.
Original post by ExTraP

The_Lonely_Goatherd, if I have gotten my funding letter yesterday then I guess you will get yours sometimes this week. To be honset, i haven't actually gotten the letter through the post, just my assessment centre emailed the copy they got.

Post is ****-slow round here but hopefully it won't be too long. I need to have a good tidy up of my room before anyone comes round with lots of equipment anyway :rofl:
Reply 169
Go on, go do it now!!! hahaha...
Original post by ExTraP
snoogy, what supplier is that? So other people can avoid it if you don't mind sharing it? I like the sound of your plan too, let's go get drunk and worry about everything else er... when... ever? But I must warn you: DRINK SENSIBLY!!! Hope everything gets sorted asap.

I got so pissed off with my uni today; I can't have a studio space to put up my installation for more than a couple of weeks and I got kicked out from the studio because someone else needs it. They have just driven me a step closer to Goldsmiths....

My uni supplier says they are going to bump up the spec and send me the current model, whereas the chosen supplier told me they haven't got a clue what to do...

It's MicroLink. They're at least rushing my MacBook Pro through now. They still won't let me open it without an installation guy though.

And yeah, it's almost a blessing nobody is coming over tomorrow - my room is a bombsite and I haven't been there for three weeks D:
I'm hoping my textbooks arrive in Nottingham tomorrow! At least then I can do some form of revision.
Reply 172
Original post by snoogy
It's MicroLink. They're at least rushing my MacBook Pro through now. They still won't let me open it without an installation guy though.

And yeah, it's almost a blessing nobody is coming over tomorrow - my room is a bombsite and I haven't been there for three weeks D:

Oh... I am sorry... MicroLink is as bad as Slight and Sound <- mine one, so I was told.

I think I might just have the cleanest room here, I still have enough desk space to eat my dinner and write if I want to.
Original post by ExTraP
Oh... I am sorry... MicroLink is as bad as Slight and Sound <- mine one, so I was told.

I think I might just have the cleanest room here, I still have enough desk space to eat my dinner and write if I want to.

Lol! I had about 10 minutes to pack everything before I left so I'm pretty sure there's books, clothes and cables scattered everywhere! There's probably even coffee mugs with new lifeforms in :tongue:
Original post by ExTraP

I've got my desk which has **** all over it, and then my sister's desk (she's away at uni) which has unthinkable piles of **** all over it. The floor and my sister's bed are also covered with clothes.

Ooops :ninja:
Reply 175
I have a very clean bed that I have just taken a nap in... my bed is always nice and clean. Where else do you think i hide and do all the crying and generally feeling sorry for myself?
I'm just a terribly messy person :yep:

That said, my bed's not too bad :nah:
Original post by snoogy

That sounds awesome! :biggrin:
Well this is interesting! Goldsmiths have written to me saying they've received a copy of the letter from SFE agreeing to the support recommended but I still haven't received anything :rofl:
Reply 179
Well this is interesting! Goldsmiths have written to me saying they've received a copy of the letter from SFE agreeing to the support recommended but I still haven't received anything :rofl:

It's because they send everything via 2nd class, I still haven't received mine from them. I am sure we will both get it by the end of the week.

Quick Reply