The Student Room Group

GF chased by a dog

Basically today I was walking with my girlfriend and then a dog started chasing her and then I ran up to the dog and kicked the dog in the face like a football which severely injured the dog. The dog owner then came up to me and started shouting at me so I got really angry but my GF told me to leave him alone and walk off, but if I think off it now isn't he meant to apologize? I mean his dog attacked my GF? My GF is really upset about the incident.

Scroll to see replies

I seriously hope you filmed that.
Reply 2
Original post by Swarley Stinson

Original post by Swarley Stinson
I seriously hope you filmed that.

thanks for taking what I said really seriously.
What breed of dog was it I got chased by an Alsatian but did it actually attack as in did it try and bite her or did it just run at her. You did the right thing anyway she is probably just shaken up the owner doesn't have a leg to stand on as it is just self defense.
Reply 4
Did it go down like this OP

"Ohhh you monster my poor baby. He's not normally like this he wouldn't hurt a fly"

**** you dog owners, **** you
Reply 5
this didnt happen, did it?
Reply 6
How do you mean it was chasing her? Did it look like it was going to bite her or attack her?
Original post by scotttb

and he doesn't have a girlfriend either
Reply 8
Original post by scotttb

Original post by scotttb

no it seriously did happen. I started a thread because I want to share what happened, coz I am thinking of it all the time.
I don't really know whose side to take on this: when a dog runs up to me, it comes to say hello and tries to lick my face with it's tail wagging.

Dog running towards you =/= immediate danger.

However the dog owner should have trained the dog to come when it's called.
I hope the dog is okay anyway, I don't like the idea of anyone (animal or human) being in pain.
Original post by musi_1993
Basically today I was walking with my girlfriend and then a dog started chasing her and then I ran up to the dog and kicked the dog in the face like a football which severely injured the dog. The dog owner then came up to me and started shouting at me so I got really angry but my GF told me to leave him alone and walk off, but if I think off it now isn't he meant to apologize? I mean his dog attacked my GF? My GF is really upset about the incident.

Tackle it or something lol dont kick it in the face really really hard. I guess it was heat of the moment but i dunno lol i am a dog lover and have 3 dogs sooo i guess im a bit biased. Was the dog attacking or just chasing?
Reply 11
What was this dog doing when you ran over to it and kicked it in the face again?
Was it roughly like the scene in Anchorman where he kicks the dog off the bridge?

Be more specific about severely injured?...
OP is a bastard. Animal cruelty.
Dog > Imaginary girlfriend
Reply 14
you kicked this cute guy's dad.. how could you?? :puppyeyes:

look at it, he's severely traumatized... :sad:

You can't say for sure whether this dog was going to attack your girlfriend.

As far as your story goes it just sounds you kicked a dog in the face when all it was doing was playing.

Until that dog starts growling and trying to bite you, you can't accuse it of attacking.

The majority of dogs when they attack they, at the very least, need to be provoked and usually growl to warn you off before seriously attacking.

All dogs chase. It's a game. If a dog runs at you and you run the other way, it just sees it as a big game and will carry on chasing you around.
Reply 16
You should beat up the dog to show how manly you are.
Reply 17
That reminds me, i got chased by a dog once and i decided to jump onto someones brand new Jaguar, that jag did save my ass from the dog but the Jag owner was fuming.
Original post by 4ttari
That reminds me, i got chased by a dog once and i decided to jump onto someones brand new Jaguar, that jag did save my ass from the dog but the Jag owner was fuming.

Surely the jaguar itself was also enraged.
Bottom line: was the kick necessary to prevent the dog from injuring you or your girlfriend? If yes then you're right. If all you had to do was shout and stand up to the dog then you're wrong.

Latest

Trending

Trending